October 19, 2012

Mini Reviews

Enthusiasm

Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman
This is really a cute story! Julia and Ashleigh are such fun girls. I initially picked this one up because it referred to Ashleigh as an enthusiast of Jane Austen. But it captivated my attention beyond that and made me fall in love with it. Oh to be an enthusiast! Although come to think of it, I am an enthusiast.....about books at least. Ashleigh pushes Julia far out of her comfort zone, and some pretty cool things happen because of that. Cute boys to name one. :) It's a pretty quick read and I urge you to try it. Just a quirky and fun little story that will brighten your day.


Epic Fail
Epic Fail by Clair LaZebnik

Read this one if you like Jane Austen sequels. It's pretty much a modern, teenage Pride and Prejudice. Derek and Elise rub each other wrong from the get-go, and like the original, Derek falls first and slowly brings Elise around to seeing him as a nice guy. Nothing new, but it is cute. Like I said, if you enjoy Jane Austen sequels and/or young adult books, you'll enjoy this one.


Awkward
Awkward by Marnie Bates
Oh my goodness I laughed all the way through this! Poor Mackenzie, an overnight success on YouTube for all the wrong reasons. I absolutely cannot imagine something like that happening to me, I'd be miserable and never want to leave the house again. But not Mackenzie, she steps right up and looks all that embarrassment in the eye, and marches forward. Her journey is quite interesting to say the least. She makes plenty of mistakes, but keeps going and learns exactly what she does want and what and who she likes and wants in her life. She has lots to learn actually, but you have great fun walking alongside her as things escalate and escalate even more.(Seriously, the things that girl has to go through!)


Fools Rush In (Weddings by Bella, #1)
Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson
Combine an Italian girl living in Texas, with an honest-to-goodness Texas cowboy, add in both crazy families, along with a dash of wedding planning and pizza making. Not to mention all the other myriad of things that go wrong and cause chaos and there you have it folks. A guaranteed hour or three of laughter and smiles. Bella's Italian family, and DJ's Texan family make quite the combo. It is an absolutely fabulous book! An amazing start to a trilogy. You must, must, must, must try it. (If I add another 'must' would you get my point? Or is five two many?)  :) One of my favorites, it's on my shelf and definitely not going away anytime soon. If you don't enjoy Uncle Lazarro and his antics along with everyone else, then I'm sorry, but you must be crazy. (You may not like it, but surely you'll laugh regardless! At least I hope so, because I did.)


There You'll Find Me
There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones
Finley has been through so much. It's never easy to lose to someone you love dearly. And her brother Will was pretty special. So she goes to Ireland, retracing a trip that Will had taken years earlier, and meets Beckett Rush, vampire movie actor. Sounds intriguing right? Trust me, it's a great read. Funny (I mean, you're dealing with actors who star in vampire movies) yet serious (because Finley has some real issues she needs to deal with), it does a good job at combining the two. Finley's adventure in Ireland changes her. She is able to grow up and through the caring people around her (not to mention the grouchy old lady she visits at the nursing home) she learns how to let go and let God. It's cute watching Finley and Beckett circle one another, not too sure about the other. But they do help each other deal with emotions that they've both been struggling with. It's just a sweet and fun story that I definitely recommend!


Alrighty folks, that's all she wrote. Just a few quick words to hopefully add to your already large pile of to-reads. Enjoy! :)

Toodle-loo kangaroos!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    lots of quick reviews!! That's cool, I think I'm going to check out Enthusiasm and and Fools Rush In

    Thanks for the minis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex-You are quite welcome! Although my "short" paragraphs turned out a little longer than I planned, mini reviews are kinda fun. :) I hope you enjoy if you get a chance to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...