February 27, 2013
A Wandering Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
Last summer. August to be exact.
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
My alarm clock!!!
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
I try it on at the store. I'd rather not make a second trip just to return something if I can help it. But sometimes I try it on, like it, buy it, get home, decide I don't want it anymore, and return it.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
I'm not really a fan of nuts in general. So no pistachios for me. You can have my share! :)
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
I actually can't remember a specific moment. Most likely there's something that happened at work. But compromises seem to happen all the time in life. It just comes with human beings because we all want our own way, but ultimately (most of us) realize that our way may not be the best always. Sometimes it's harder to do than others, but I don't think you can live life without giving this or that in order to obtain the bigger goal.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
No, I've never written to an elected official.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
My dad's birthday! I'm positive I'll smile when I call to wish him happy birthday. I'm smiling right now just thinking about him. :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This was how my week got started. Here's hoping that it ends without any further mishaps! :D
Okay, so Sunday morning I was all prepared to head to church at the usual time. At least I was prepared Saturday night when I set my alarm clock. But I must have been more tired than I thought because I ended up sleeping through my alarm and unable to make it to church.
Well.......I suppose technically I could have still went to church, but I had no desire to show up 30 minutes late. Because even if the back bench is empty, everyone still turns and looks at the latecomer. And I dislike being the center of attention, especially during church when it's all quiet and you can hear every creak of the door and shuffle of the feet.
Anyway, we have the ability to call in and listen to the sermon over the phone if we want. Which is what I did. So I call the number and start listening and guess what the topic was?
Slothfulness and being lazy! :-/
Yes, you read that right. Of all days to oversleep, huh? I had a good laugh and when I went to my cousin's house for lunch, they got a kick out of it too. I suppose that's what I get for too many late nights. (It was an excellent sermon, just so you know. One I enjoyed once my embarrassment faded. ;P)
I trust your week had a lovelier start than mine did! :D