1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month?
Friendships! Both online and off. In real life, I've had several friends call and invite me to this or that and it's been lovely. I've always had friends, mind you. And we often get together and do things, but I've just felt closer to them this month than previously. That probably sounds silly. Ah well. As for online friends, I've been having a blast getting to know some fabulous gals through blogging and goodreads! Friendships are such a wonderful part of our lives. :)
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how?
I'd probably say a bit of both. Some people seem born with extra amounts and give it more freely. But I definitely think it can be and should be learned! This world needs compassionate people.
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks?
Definitely a romantic comedy kind of gal! I do enjoy romantic dramas and even some action flicks, but romantic comedies are the ones I'll rewatch countless times. :D
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree?
Well, as I've never actually had roast beef at the Ritz, I can't really speak for that option. But hot dogs on the other hand? I love hot dogs! Regardless of how unhealthy they may be for you, they are a staple at my house. If there's absolutely nothing else to eat, I can fix a hot dog. (It's okay, you can think I'm crazy. I don't mind. :)
But you probably weren't looking for a literal answer, huh? So figuratively speaking, I'd still go for the hot dog option because I'm not a formal type of person. Oh, I wouldn't mind eating at the Ritz at least once (just for the experience), but at the end of the day I'd rather go somewhere I'm comfortable. And I'm a casual, comfy, relaxed type of person who doesn't really enjoy dressing to the nines. Actually, I don't think I've ever dressed to the nines in my life!
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving?
I think the roads could use some re-paving.
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title.
I had a hard time trying to remember one! But then I remembered this: A Rose Among the Thorns
7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it?
Certainly wasn't the question I was expecting! And as for my answer? Well, not really sure I believe there is. Don't really think it matters one way or another for me though. I'm quite content to live my life here without worrying about it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thinking about romantic comedies made me try to decide what some of my favorites are. The list I came up with is:
There are others, of course. But these ten were the first to come to mind. What are some of your favorite movies?