September 21, 2014

A List...

  • Good things will happen.
  • Tea is perfectly delightful.
  • I heart bookstores.
  • And libraries!
  • Former co-workers can become close friends.
  • Bad days come to an end.
  • Scroll through Pinterest funnies on those bad days. Smiles guaranteed.
  • Unexpected packages in the mail make me happy.
  • The minute a favorite song comes on the radio, my day gets a bit better.
  • People's stories are always worth listening to.
  • Ordinary life can be beautiful.
  • Library book sales = happiness
  • Planning trips brings anticipation and hope.
  • Therefore, plan more trips.
  • It's ok to not have it all figured out.
  • Food makes my tastebuds happy.
  • Free wifi is awesome.
  • Sometimes stuff I think I need turns out to be stuff I don't.
  • Sometimes it's just "stuff".
  • Sentimentality isn't all it's cracked up to be.
  • But I still treasure the crocheted tablecloth my grandmother made.
  • Moments of joy can be found in even the yuckiest of days.
  • Inspiration comes in unexpected moments.
  • Poetry that rhymes makes me happy.
  • Silly and crazy are some of my favorites things to be.
  • I can smile for days about one single compliment from a friend.
  • Sometimes I get "peopled out".
  • Solitude resets me.
  • My thoughts tend to never shut up.
  • I think way more than I say.
  • Falling in love with a new book is indescribable.
  • Words bring life.
  • Friendships bring joy.
  • Smile.
  • Breathe in.
  • Breathe out.
  • Just breathe.
  • Live.


14 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your posts - this one is so great! Thanks for the simple reminders and I can't echo enough that the humor section on Pinterest can make any day better!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Jamie! I just needed to remind myself of the simple things that make life happy. And yes! Pinterest's humor section can make me laugh uncontrollably and love it! :D

      Delete
  2. Well said!

    I've been missing out! I need to browse the humor section of pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bluerose. And yes! You should definitely scroll through the humor section, there are so many people who have shared the funniest things. You're guaranteed to laugh! :)

      Delete
  3. I echo "Library book sales = happiness." I went to my library's sale last week, and came home squealing like a little kid because I found a hardback collection of about 6 Sherlock Holmes stories for $1. I've never read his books, or owned them, so I was and still am pretty excited about it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! That was definitely an awesome find, Joanna! I completely understand why you're so excited. I would be too! That's what I love about library sales. You can find the neatest treasures for the cheapest prices! I just went to one the other weekend and came out with lots of happiness. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this and agree with everything. I just sat here nodding with little happy sighs as I read. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you! I needed to remind myself of the little things that make life happy and I'm pleased that you enjoyed it as well. Your comment gave me a little happy sigh! :)

      Delete
  5. I love that quote in the header - I basically love anything Montgomery :)
    What book is it from?

    I love this post... and this blog too- I'm definitely following! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Naomi! And you know? I'm not even sure what book it's from. I stumbled across the quote somewhere and loved it immediately. Just did a google search and it said that it's from Anne of Green Gables. Sounds like I need to do a reread of that book so I can find it! :)

      Delete
  6. Yes. It's the little things... those are what make life so sunny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like you've read my mind - or I've read yours ! Kara, I like how your posts are so real, honest and relatable - not a word but hey. I've put together a post similar to this - if you're interested in reading it :) (http://revesbleus.blogspot.ca/2014/09/dear-self.html)

    Libraries - They make the world a better place!

    Poetry, silliness, joy, road trips and being crazy - high five!

    Pinterest - seriously, so many of its pins are hysterical. It can brighten a day indeed.

    Free wifi and food - but of course!

    Thoughts - they never shut up for me either.

    Words - yes.

    Live - such a beautiful word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike and all that, Ganise? Clearly we're kindred spirits! *high fives back* :D

      Libraries, poetry, silliness, joy, craziness, wifi, food, words, just all the happy! So glad you agree. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...