Why only nine, you may be asking? Because I couldn't think of number ten. (I'll probably think of it after I've already posted this and be too lazy to edit it.) Plus these sorts of lists are always ten things, so why not be different?! :D
1 - I've got stories in my head! And no, not the kind I'm writing, unfortunately. All I've got of that sort is just the dream of writing, but no actual story (and that dream is currently very vague and glitter-covered). This is the sort where it seems just about everything I see reminds me of a story.
- See the last name "Musgrove" on a paper at work and think of Jane Austen. Check.
- Find out there exists an actual John Watson somewhere in my home state and wonder if he might be a doctor and/or blogger. Check.
- See "DMK" on a license plate and assume that person loves Dear Mr. Knightley too! Check.
- First thoughts upon waking to a snow-day-off from work are "Which book should I read first?". Check.
- Pass by a sign that advertises "MacNeil Machinery" and wonder if Dr. MacNeil has changed occupations. Check.
3 - When I have plans in the evening and hope it won't go too late because I've got to have time to get home and read for an hour (or three) before I go to bed. (True story!)
4 - Midnight (or later) is now an acceptable bedtime. (See clue #3.) (Why yes. I am a night owl, why do you ask?)
5 - My bookshelves (and kindle!) are overflowing with books and I keep buying more. (On sale, of course. Because I don't want to go in debt over book-buying. That'd just be crazy.)
|This is but ONE of my bookshelves.|
7 - Reorganizing my bookshelves, which shouldn't take but an hour or so, turns into skimming through all my old favorites and five hours later...
8 - Borrowing a stack of books from the library and taking some back unread because I got "distracted" with other stories. (Also late fees. Because I needed "just one more day" to finish.)
9 - Deciding what to read next can be really, really hard.
Yep! I'm (only slightly) obsessive about reading. And I wouldn't have it any other way! How about you? :)