July 13, 2015

Persuasion & Prayers Read-Along :: Day 5


And now we're on to The Prayers of Jane Austen. This is such a sweet and comforting little book. I'm planning to do a full review of it hopefully next week. For now, I'll just stick with our quote, observation, and question format. As before, click over here for all the details of this read-along! :)


Day 5 :: The Prayers of Jane Austen :: Prayer # 1

Quote to Ponder:

"Give us a thankful sense of the blessings in which we live, of the many comforts of our lot; that we may not deserve to lose them by discontent or indifference."

23883181Observation:

My thoughts are flowing along the same avenues as what the question below asks, so I'm going to keep this short. This prayer is very eloquent, first of all. I don't think there's anything or anyone that Ms. Austen didn't pray for! But the above quote is what struck me the most. Because? Well, I'll get into that below.

Question :: Did this prayer speak to you and your current situation in life? If so, how?

It did! Because I need to remember to be thankful for what I have. So many times I complain about my hard stuff (and it is hard, I'm not denying that), yet there is so very MUCH I have to grateful for. So many comforts that I take for granted. I need this reminder for the middle of my hard, so I can keep going. Because when I dwell on the good things, my outlook on my situation does a complete turnaround. I can endure, even while smiling! (Sometimes. :) God knows precisely what it will take for me to keep going and He's so very good at bringing the right people, the right book (like this one), or whatever it may be to catch my attention. He's pretty awesome like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...