December 30, 2016

My Favorite 2016 Reads


Hello, my lovelies! Yep, it's finally that time again. Listing all my favorite stories from this year! I've been holding off, just in case I read one final book that blew me away before tomorrow night. But as I'll be busy with family Christmases for the next few days, I figure it won't happen. So! Here we are.

There were so many fabulous books that I was privileged to read this year. And so many amazing new authors, as well as old favorites. All the writers out there continue to showcase their incredible talents and make this reader very, very happy! And per my usual, narrowing down my choices to only ten isn't very easy at all. But I'm going to try!

Simply put, these are the stories I devoured once I began reading and could not put them down for real life, no matter how it tried to intrude! :) These characters refused to leave my head for hours and days after I finished reading and easily stole my heart. I will happily gush about each one of these books to anyone willing to listen!

{These are listed in the order I read them, I couldn't seem to figure out which to highlight first or last, so this was easiest.}

23353789

by Mary Jane Hathaway

I love this story because of Alice and Paul. Their chemistry is off the charts and their banter and flirtations are too adorable! Plus it mainly takes place in a bookstore, which is just awesome.


27159485

A Season to Love
by Nicole Deese

This one is all about Willa's journey for me. Watching her grow braver and stronger over the course of the story is the biggest highlight for me. I connected with her character so, so much!


25062491

The Thorn Keeper
by Pepper Basham

I love, love, love Catherine! She gripped onto my heart in book one (The Thorn Bearer) and the wait to find out more of her story was horrible. She so utterly fascinated me with her mix of vulnerability and brave. I could gush for hours over all the different awesome things about her character, but I'll spare you. ;)


25381376

Named of the Dragon
by Susanna Kearsley

In my review, I described the writing as "atmospheric and haunting", which it is. And it's that very aspect that intrigued me about this story and pushed it to my favorites list. I am definitely planning to read more Susanna Kearsley books in the near future!


29430781

Can't Help Falling
by Kara Isaac

After reading and loving her debut (Close to You), I was eagerly anticipating this one. I LOVED it! That meet cute is adorable and Emilia and Peter just wrapped themselves in my heart. Plus all the CS Lewis references just make my heart happy! :)


27261345

The Lady and the Lionheart
by Joanne Bischof

Charlie Lionheart, you need to meet him. Enough said.


18615067

The Blue Castle
by LM Montgomery

SO GOOD. I love Valancy and watching her find her brave is one of the best character arcs I've ever read! And then there's Barney Snaith.... *swoon*


25152641

The Key to Extraordinary
by Natalie Lloyd

Natalie's books always deserve a top spot! But the timing of this one, with Emma learning to live with her grief, was perfect. I loved her adventures in Blackbird Hollow and every character is a delight!


32591947

The Q
by Beth Brower

Quincy St. Claire. The Q. James Arch. Those are the three most perfect reasons you should read this book. Trust me!


29492025

A Portrait of Emily Price
by Katherine Reay

It's a book by Katherine Reay. That means it's automatically guaranteed a spot on my favorites list! :D SO good, people. What else is there to say?


HONORABLE MENTIONS

The End of the World by Amy Matayo
Told You Twice by Kristen Heitzmann
The Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
Eyes of E'veria series by Serena Chase
Intermission by Serena Chase
The Thorn Healer by Pepper Basham




10 comments:

  1. The Blue Castle was so good. I loved that book. A Portrait of Emily Price, The Lady and Lionheart, and Can't Help Falling are all on my TBR. :) Nice list, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miranda: Isn't TBC wonderful?! I hope you get the chance to read the others soon! Clearly I'm a fan of them. :D

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had such a great reading year! :) I hope you have a fabulous time with your family the next few days! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: Me too! Books definitely help make hard moments easier to bear. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh dear! The only one of these I've read or even heard about is The Blue Castle. Sigh! I love every body's top 10 of the year. I need to do one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: That's the interesting thing about everyone's top 10 for 2016. I'm finding so many books I haven't heard of either! And now my TBR is higher than ever. :)

      Delete
  4. A lovely list!!! I so agree about Catherine and Charlie Lionheart. Both are valid reasons to read those!!!! And, I'm adding a couple more to my TBR thanks to your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney: Thank you! I'm glad I could help your TBR grow bigger. ;) Right?? Catherine and Charlie are simply amazing characters!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these. Most of your books look so happy and lovely. I need to pick some of these up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: That's the thing about top 10 lists, isn't it? They make our TBRs grow bigger! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...