July 9, 2018

Currently...


Hello, my lovelies! I know, shocker that I'm actually posting something besides a book review, right? Life has just been....something. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, but suffice it to say that regular posting (obviously) hasn't happened! But here I am. At least for today! :)

Those of you who have even stuck around to see if I'd ever post anything interesting again, welcome! So. Let's get to the real reason you clicked over here, shall we?

Listening to: I started listening to Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen while driving home from visiting friends recently. A 9 hour drive is surely ample time to get through a book, right? I haven't finished yet, but I'm most certainly intrigued! It's YA and about trolls, which is very different yet somehow it works. The only thing is...it's book one of a trilogy and I do not own the other two books! So once I'm finished, I may have to find the next books stat...we shall see. :)

Reading: Getting ready to start The Truth Between Us by Tammy L. Gray. It's book two of her current series and I'm excited to learn more about April and Sean!

Enjoying: This cool weather! Well, cool for July anyway. The past couple nights it's gotten down into the 60s and the daytime has stayed in the 70s and early 80s. After all the 90ish degrees and horrid humidity we'd been enduring, this is awesome! I love being about to sit outside in the evening and just enjoy...

Watching: Surprisingly, it had been an age since I'd watched a Jane Austen adaptation and last night I pulled out the 2009 version of Emma. I love Romola Garai and Jonny Lee Miller in that miniseries! They're my favorite Emma and Knightley. I LOVE the way JLM says that line: "If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more." Talk about making a girl swoon! All the heart-eyes for that moment. :D Also, I just like the way he looks at her at several different points in the series. Not to mention their friendship feels so natural.

Image result for emma and knightley 2009

Image result for emma and knightley 2009

Feeling: I'm at this weird sort of moment right now where I'm not really working full time (I'm preparing for a BIG trip coming up in August), yet have so much to do and still need enough work to cover my major expenses currently. It's an interesting balance and it just kind of makes me feel strange. I haven't not had a full time job for at least 20 years! This is weird. Good! But weird.

Craving: Penn Station. You know, the sub sandwich place? We used to have one where I live and it closed last December much to my dismay. (Even worse, I didn't even know it was going to close until I showed up one day and it was gone! Just gone! *wails*) I was visiting friends in Indiana recently and I spotted a sign for a Penn Station and made them stop for lunch. It was SO GOOD. I love their italian sub. But now that I've had one, I miss it terrible bad all over again! So maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do... (But it was still delicious, so I regret nothing.)

Loving: While not working full time feels strange, I am absolutely loving the chance to catch up on my book reviews and blog posts! So hopefully I can get a few more written before I leave... :)

Anticipating: As I've mentioned, I am planning a BIG trip in Aug. (Which means that things will slow down even more around here for a great while! But I'm hoping I won't lose all of you completely. And I hope to be back! And/or still post a tiny bit while I'm gone, we shall see how much free time I have.) I will be going overseas for a few months and yes, it's huge and amazing and crazy-awesome. But huge! In other words, I have a lot on my To Do list. Here's hoping I get it all accomplished! Still, I'm excited to see what adventures I get into and to experience life in a whole completely different way.

Eating: All the foods I love! Since I'll be eating A LOT differently soon, I figure now is the time to enjoy all the American food I love and crave. I like to eat, so this is no hardship at all. ;)

So how are YOU? Any big summer plans still on your schedule?



3 comments:

  1. How fun to travel for so long. I hope you tell us more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my favorite Emma adaptation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, thinking of you as you prepare for this trip (my that leave date is creeping up fast, right!?). If you get the time, let us know how the preparations are going. I know I'll still be here when you return!! Hugs.

    Also three cheers for Emma and that line! It's SO romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...