January 19, 2019

Bite-Sized Reviews :: Jane Austen Edition {#41}


Oh, look! More reviews! Except this one is all Jane Austen stories. My favorite!! :)


21433253
Manga Classics: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Po Tse, and Stacy King
Of course I LOVED this! It's Jane Austen. :) I've actually had this one on my radar for quite a while and was very pleased to discover it at my library! It's just an interesting take on a favorite story. The art was fun and the storyline familiar and delightful. Now I want to read all of Austen's stories in manga form! :)



3209316
Emma by Jane Austen
I am finally making my way through all of Austen's works! And I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Emma herself. She was a tad annoying at first, I have to admit that. But she grew on me. Mr. Knightly, however? I loved him from the first! And listening as he and Emma quarreled and made up and just generally kept each other on their toes was a ton of fun. Harriet Smith's selfish nature stood out more prominently than I'd noticed before in any adaptation of the story, but I liked her well enough. And she sets Emma on a course that I, naturally, could appreciate! So she redeemed herself in the end. :) There were a few times that conversations got a little lengthy for my tastes, but overall a worthy read because it's by the always amazing Jane Austen!



110803
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
It has actually been a lot of years since I first read this book, so it was great fun to get back into the story again! There are just very few romances as worthy of notice as Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy's. But it's not just those two sparking off each other that makes this story what it is! It is all of Austen's subtle, yet hilarious wit that really struck me during this listen. And listening to Austen on a roadtrip? Is the BEST. Trust me, you should try it sometime! :)




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the Manga Classics are amazing! I love them! Mr. Knightley is one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to have found your blog, Kara and I'm looking forward to reading your book reviews! Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found Emma annoying at first, too, but I liked her by the end!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...