November 9, 2015

Sweater Weather {a tag}


Amber, at Seasons of Humility, tagged me a few weeks ago. It took me a bit, but I'm finally responding. Thanks, Amber! This was a fun set of questions. And fall is such a great time of year, even if it does happen to usher in the dreaded winter. *sigh* But speaking of winter, HUGE news folks! Tomorrow marks the publishing of Winter by Marissa Meyer!!!! So y'all know without any question exactly what I'll be doing then! :D

Favorite candle scent?

Hmmm. I light candles so very rarely that I don't really have a favorite. But I know that I usually like to smell cinnamon candles, so I'll go with that.

Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Tea! Most definitely tea. And extra points if it's chai tea! :D But I do love hot chocolate as well.

What's the best fall memory you have?

Well, I'd say this year my favorite fall memory is spending a week at the beach in October! ;) The weather was awesome, the ocean glorious and soothing, and the city was beautiful. But I realize that's not really a memory that has anything to do with fall. I'm drawing a blank on specifics, but I do recall that I loved to jump in the leaves as a kid. After all that work of raking them, the joy of running and jumping into the soft piles of leaves made me grin. Happiness! :)


Best fragrance for fall?

Baked goods. Whether pie, pastries, pumpkin something or other, or cakes, the smell of fresh deliciousness just out of the oven is comforting and delightful.

Favorite Thanksgiving food?

I always cannot wait until the dressing gets passed around to me! And of course, the pumpkin pie with loads of whipped topping (No dollop for me! The top must be covered so every bite has some. :). Those are the two things I most look forward to the closer Thanksgiving Day gets.

Most worn sweater?

This year it's a blue zip-up with a hood. But if sweatshirts count, I've had one for at least 17 or 18 years (I got it sometime during high school). It's worn very thin and the neck and sleeves are really stretched out, but it's still so comfortable. I'm pretty sure I'll wear it until it's completely shredded.

Football games or jumping in leaf piles?

Leaf piles! Football is one sport beyond my comprehension. My high school gym teacher tried to explain it to us, I've had multiple friends attempt to explain it, and it still goes over my head. And really. I'm okay with that! I am perfectly happy in my ignorance. :) But give me a leaf pile and I will immediately revert to childhood and desire to jump in it!

Skinny jeans or leggings?

Legging, I suppose. I tend to wear those or tights all winter long. But I don't usually wear either one in the fall.

Combat boots or Uggs?

Having never worn either one of those, I can't really say. I do think Uggs look pretty warm, but I'm not certain that's why people wear them these days. :)

Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?

I have tried it before and thought it pretty tasty. But since I'm not a coffee person, I don't really get into all the hype about it. I will say that I have friends who absolutely love it though, so they'd have a different opinion for sure.

Favorite fall TV show?

Can I pick You've Got Mail instead? I know it's not a TV show, but it's one of my favorite movies ever! "Don't you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies." Clearly I need a rewatch soon!

What do you want to be for Halloween?

Halloween is past, but this year I spent it just like I've spent every other year, at home cozy in bed. :)

Hats or scarves?

Scarves for sure! I have a huge appreciation for scarves these days. There are so many cute ones and they keep my neck warm, yet are easy to remove when I go inside. Plus they can be used as hats of a sort, since you can wrap them around your head as well. So they're versatile! Win win. :D

My favorite is like this one, it has Captain Wentworth's letter on it. It's cozy and makes me happy.

What's your #1 favorite thing about fall?

Okay, I loved how Amber answered this question, so I wanted to share it: I love the symbolism of the season - the letting go that is all at once freeing and beautiful and melancholy. It's that indescribable something that makes autumn a time of long nights, thought-provoking sights, and harvest joys.

There's just something about this time of year. It's new beginnings, fresh, crisp air, watching the earth prepare for cold, all the beautiful colors everywhere (the leaves, but also the decorations people put out). It's a time of year where people are inside a little more because of the warmth there, so it brings people together. And it's cozy. There's just something so comforting when I pass by homes with lights in the windows, or even candles. It kind of gets my creative juices flowing somehow. I'm not even sure I can describe why, but it does. :) I love it!


And there you go! Hope you enjoyed. I think I'll tag the following lovely ladies: Hamlette of The Edge of the Precipice and Naomi of Wonderland Creek. But should any one of you want to join in, then please feel free to do so! :)



10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for tagging me, Kara! I'm so honoured! :-) I might or might not fill it out - but thank you all the same. :-)

    Oh, and scarves are awesome. And TEA. :-D

    I wouldn't be able to answer some of these questions! I don't 'do' Halloween, or Thanksgiving. (The former because where I live it's very spooky-centered, and eww, and the Latter, because I'm not American. Haha.)

    I loved YOUR answer for the last question! (Ambers is lovely too, of course. :-D)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely forgot about the fact that y'all don't celebrate Thanksgiving, Naomi! Oops. Sorry about that. But no worries if you decide not to join in, I completely understand. I was just trying to think of people who might enjoy it and hadn't been tagged before. So many tags go around so fast sometimes and by the time I get around to it, all my friends have already posted. I'm kinda slow. :)

      Scarves and tea for the win!

      Delete
  2. A scarf with Captain Wentworth's letter on it?! Oh my gosh I love it! Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the idea you shared about how it's letting go. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing my Persuasion scarf makes me very happy, Jenny! One of my favoritest possessions. :) And thank you!

      Delete
  3. We light candles all the time. The one we have burning now is "Pumpkin Seeds" and it makes the house smell so good. :)

    Football non-fans stick together. ;) I get the game now that I've watched it more (my mom loves the sport so I do occasionally watch some of a game), but like you, I couldn't care less if I ever watched it again (more so since our state team is a disgrace ;D)

    Loved reading this, Kara! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi: Pumpkin seeds? Now that smell sounds interesting. Not sure I've ever sniffed pumpkin seeds, but now I'm curious. Must find some or find that candle! :)

      Yay for fellow football non-fans! We can just hang out somewhere else all cozy with our books or movies, right? ;)

      Delete
  4. You tagged me! Thanks! I am like 16 tags behind on things people have tagged me, but this one kind of has an expiration date on it, so I'll try to get to it sooner rather than later. Gonna do it on my Soliloquy instead, tho. Precipice is sorta clogged with Hamlet these days, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamlette: No worries if you haven't gotten to it! Or if you never do. I'm not ever certain who to tag with these, but I thought you might enjoy it. Guess I need to play catch up with your posts ASAP and see if you've joined in or not! (And no worries, I wasn't sure which blog to link to, so I just picked one. Should have mentioned both, then I would have been right either way! :)

      And you're welcome!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you joined in this tag! What fun. And I'd say you can pick You've Got Mail if you want to!!!! Yay for tea, leaves, and pumpkin pie. And I LOVE your scarf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This tag was great fun, Courtney! Any excuse for me to casually mention my Persuasion scarf is a happy moment. ;) And thank you! That scarf is one of my favoritest possessions!

      You've Got Mail totally counts, right? So glad you agree! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...