August 17, 2016

30 Days of Books :: Day 4


Hello my lovelies! I hope August is treating you well. It's been excruciatingly HOT here for the past few weeks, but we're surviving. And right now I'm sitting in air conditioning, in a comfy chair, writing about books, so I'm doing very well! :) By the by, anybody watching the Olympics? I am anything but a sports fan normally, but give me the Olympics and I become this crazy fanatic. Watching all the things, googling all the things, you name it. No matter how boring the sport, I am so there. Although I have decided that there aren't any boring sports at the Olympics. Because it's the Olympics! It's just magic, okay? ;)

Anyhoo, on to the fun stuff.

{joining Jenni}

Day 4 :: Your favorite book of your favorite series

13206760
Yay! Another easy one! On my last post, I said my favorite series is The Lunar Chronicles, so my favorite out of the four main books (excluding all the short stories. And I refuse to acknowledge that Fairest exists. I'm sorry. But I just can't.) is Scarlet!! I love the other three books a great deal, but my love of Scarlet knows no bounds. I'm not sure what it is about Scarlet and Wolf exactly (I did write this post about how much I love them though), all I know is they grabbed my heart from the first pages and have refused to give it back. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm realizing how much I love the Beauty and the Beast fairytale? I know that's not the one their story is modeled after, but it definitely has similarities. Whatever my reasons, I love how these two characters fall in love and proceed to care for each other no matter what happens to them. Their relationship is my favorite of the four main couples! :)

What about you? What's your favorite book of your favorite series?




8 comments:

  1. I need to read Scarlet still. And, I'm glad to see that it's your favorite because most of the people I know who've read the series say Scarlet is their least favorite. So, I'm glad to find someone who's different. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: Really? I can't imagine not loving this book. Scarlet and Wolf are awesome! :) I'd actually say that Cress is my least favorite of the four and that's only because I wasn't fully on board the Cress/Thorne happiness train at first. Luckily Winter changed all that for me, but... Perhaps I should reread Cress soon and see if I've changed my mind...

      Delete
  2. Really? I think this one would be my least favorite if I had to choose one. Oh well. They're really all great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: They are all really great! And even if we like certain books over others in the series, I do love the series as a whole. And I also love the fact that it's one giant continuing story! I don't usually love that in a series, but this one? Most definitely! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, the Olympics were amazing! I'm so with you on the 'magic' feeling! I'm going to miss it...

    You didn't really like Fairest then? Or you didn't read it at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birdie: I definitely missed the Olympics once they were finished! Was very sad for a couple days. The athletes all did amazing this year! :)

      I haven't read Fairest. Which maybe I shouldn't discount it simply because I don't know what all happens in it, but I've skimmed through it in the store and read enough reviews to decide that I'm okay never reading it. I just don't like stories about villains. Especially if they never get redeemed. Not my cup of tea, I guess.

      Delete
  4. ...and I'm yet again reminded I've yet to read these Lunar novels.

    (I watched a lot of the Olympics before fading in that second week. I don't find track near as interesting. I do become addicted to swimming, beach volleyball and gymnastics though. So proud of our US athletes! Now I get to watch Laurie Hernandez (gymnast) compete on Dancing with the Stars!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi: You know I'm just going to keep shouting at you in all caps until you finally get this series read, right? (No but seriously! You should read them! I mean, it's not like you have anything else to read or anything, right? ;)

      I kind of faded in that second week as well. The track is not nearly as fascinating for me as the swimming. The swimming rocks! As does the gymnastics. The US athletes did amazing this year! Yay for watching Laurie! She's certainly a bright spot when she enters a room. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...