March 21, 2017

Tag - I'm it


So I found this tag via Karen at For What It's Worth, and thought it looked like fun. Join in if you like! :)

RULES:
You must be honest
You must answer all the questions
You must tag at least 4 people {I’ll be breaking this one and tagging the whole internet. Go big or go home!}


1. What book has been on your shelf the longest? 

I'm not sure? But probably something by Lurlene McDaniel. I loved her books when I was younger and haven't been able to make myself get rid of them yet.

2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?

I'm in the midst of INSPY reading currently, so the last official book I read front to back was The Secret Ingredient of Wishes. I paused the "have to" reading in order to start For Love and Honor, so am currently almost finished with it. Then it's back to INSPYs with The Progeny...I think?

3. What book did everyone like, but you hated? 

The Fault in our Stars by John Green

4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t? 

Anything by Charles Dickens. I keep thinking that I want to read one of his books some day, but who knows if I ever actually will...

5. What book are you saving for retirement?

Um....all of them? I'm fairly certain that I'll still have an endless TBR at that point in time, plus all my favorites that I'll want to reread, so... :)

6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?

Oh, definitely read it! I know that is incomprehensible to most of you, but there it is. I pretty much always read the end first. There are occasions where I haven't, but those are few and far between.

7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?

Jenny B Jones acknowledgement page
Interesting aside, for sure! I don't always read them, but I do sometimes.

8. Which book character would you switch places with?

I wouldn't mind living as Anne Elliot from Persuasion by Jane Austen, but only if you could guarantee that I would jump in the story with absolutely nothing changing. (Well, except for the Mr. Elliot stuff. I could do without him.) I wouldn't have a clue how to actually act as Anne, so if left to my own devices, I'd probably mess up the story horribly. But if I could just become Anne? I could definitely go for spending a little time with Captain Wentworth! ;)

9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)

My copy of The Singing Boones by Dale White always makes me think of my grandma. I first read the book at her house and fell in love with it. I then proceeded to reread it numerous times whenever I visited her. Which, naturally, required that I find my own copy once I was older! :)

10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way. 

Real life friends and family rarely ever gift me a book, I guess they're conscious that they may not give me one I'll enjoy. But one year for Christmas, my sister-in-law gave me a hardcover copy of Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster. I don't remember talking about the book with her, maybe I did, but regardless I don't think she knew how much I love that story. I did already have a personal copy of it, but one can never have too many copies of a favorite book, right?? (I eventually gave my original copy to another niece, who loved it. :) That remains one of my favorite memories!

11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?

The only kind of special reason that I've given a book away for is a wedding, birthday, Christmas, etc. Does that count?

12. Which book has been with you most places?

That would be any book on my kindle! I keep it in my purse, which means it's always with me. :)

13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?

So far, I've not been brave enough nor curious enough to see if I'd like The Great Gatsby any better now.

14. Used or brand new? 

Both! Having a lovely, brand new book is delightful, but used is cheaper, so...

15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?

Nope

Image result for austenland movie16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?

Yes!! Austenland by Shannon Hale. I thought the book was cute and fun.....until I saw the movie. Now I LOVE the movie and have no desire to read the book again.

17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included? 

YES. Lots of books have done that:

The Secret Ingredient of Wishes made me hungry for pie
A Portrait of Emily Price made me want Italian food
Return to Chocolate made me crave chocolate
Cool Beans made me wish for cinnamon rolls and coffee (and I don't even really like coffee!)
The Pioneer Woman Cooks made me long for southern food dripping with butter and all manner of things bad for you

18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?

I could name all of my blogging friends for this! But it does come with a condition. I take their advice on books that sound intriguing to me, yet I don't always read every single thing they recommend. Still, we have so very many in common that I love to read their reviews to help add to my TBR. Those bloggers are: Rissi, Amber, Courtney, Jamie, Rel, Hamlette, Birdie, Suey, Kami, Jenny...

19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?

A few years ago, I'd never imagined that I would love The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. It seemed way too complicated to read. But! Blogging friends convinced me otherwise and I finally read the books and fell in love! :)




2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely little tag! Thank you for the shout-out, Kara! You're very sweet.

    I like to gift books for holidays to my nephews -- I have gifted ones I enjoyed as a child (and still have on my shelf!)!

    Acknowledgements are fun to read and offer insight into some of the story influence. I like them.

    I'm not sure I have seen a movie I liked way better than the book.The opposite is usually true. I would probably agree with you concerning Austenland. I'll take your word for it! #bookbesties

    You KNOW I'm not the last-page early reader type. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tag! I have been rather in the mood for a good book tag of late, and I'm totally going to do this one.

    My sister-in-law reads the end of most books before she gets to them. I have made peace with this fact.

    I haven't read Austenland, but the movie was suuuuuuper cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...