January 12, 2018

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things :: 2017 Edition


It's only the second week of January, so it's okay that I'm still looking back at last year, right? We're totally going to go with that! :) I meant to get this post written a couple weeks ago, but alas....

Still, here we are. 2017 was all kinds of interesting for me. It has lots of emotional upheaval, I have to admit. Yet there were way more happy moments than hard ones, for which I am very grateful! So. Grab your mug of your favorite tea, snuggle with a blanket in your favorite reading spot, and let's have some fun reliving the happy that happened last year, how about it? :)

:: Christian Fiction Readers Retreat  {SO, SO much fun! Such an awesome day with blogging friends and authors.}
:: Meeting Serena Chase in person AND having her be so excited to meet me.  {She is seriously the BEST, friends.}
:: Hiking to Cascade Falls.
:: My first year on the Advisory Board for the INSPYs  {All those lovely bookish convos...!!}
:: Visiting Biltmore Estate
:: Seeing Lizzy and Darcy's outfits from P&P '05 on display...!!!!!!!  {This is still one of the biggest highlights of the year that continues to make me grin when I remember it.}
:: The LIBRARY at Biltmore  {Seriously amazing, y'all.}
:: A dear friend from CA visiting and the chance to catch up in person
:: The book cake a friend made for me, for my bookish birthday party, which was amazing.
:: Discovering my new favorite coffee shop.  {They have the best chai tea latte that I've ever had.}
:: Visiting a tea shop with friends and falling in love with their motto {see picture above} AND their tea and relaxing atmosphere!
:: Meeting online friends in person, who turn out to be even more awesome and lovely.
:: Seeing Sense & Sensibility on stage and loving Elinor and Edward even more.
:: Precious convos with friends, both online and off.
:: Falling in love with so many wonderful new stories!
:: Rereading old favorites that fill my heart with comfort and happy.
:: Libraries and bookstores and book sales and all the bookish fun.
:: Hugs and hot tea and Lindor truffles and all the happy my heart can hold.
:: Planning for grand, new adventures on my horizon!

Here's to 2018, my lovelies! I hope yours is full of happiness and delight.




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did a lot of fabulous bookish things last year! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHHH, my goodness, that library at the Biltmore! I can never get enough of it. That spiral staircase!!! I would love to have such a place, if not in my own house, at least in a place I could visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Looks like you had a great year. I'm glad that despite the emotional upheaval, you still were able to have these awesome experiences. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely lovely year! Here's to even more fabulous-ness this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...