May 7, 2014

The LBD In All It's Awesomeness




Aaaaahhhhhh!

That was pretty much my reaction when I looked in my mailbox a few weeks ago and saw the box in it. I knew what was in there. And yep, when I tore it open, the above loveliness appeared. Isn't it sups adorbs?? ;)

Finally! After about a year, I had it in my hands!

I think I've mentioned it before on here? But I'm a huge fan of this little show. I started the beginning few episodes when they first aired and then somehow paused and didn't catch back up until the Darcy Day chaos broke. And then I was hooked! Let me just say how much fun it was to anticipate Monday's and Thursday's, to keep up with all the twitter happenings, and to be amazed at how well they did at modernizing a fabulous Jane Austen story. So yeah....I'm very, very, VERY pleased to have the dvd in my possession now!

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that you can still watch the entire thing on YouTube, but as my internet time is extremely limited right now, I am THRILLED to have access to this anytime I want! :)

Okay. I'll stop boring you with my excitement. But I just had to share my joy with you! As well as that cute little poster of Darcy and Lizzie up there. ;)

Til next time....


10 comments:

  1. That would be my reaction too Kara! CANNOT wait until they put this for sale on the store - and I will probably have to get that "Dizzie" poster at the same time! Everything is just TOO adorbs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO agree, Rissi! ;) I've no idea when it'll go on sale for anyone to buy, but I'm sure not too far in the future. I have had so much fun rewatching! :)

      Delete
  2. That's great!! I actually started watching from the start again - I'm up to right before Charlotte and Lizzy get in their fight - and it's fun. :) plus, I'm getting more of the nuance of the characters now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, Alex! There were so many things I missed when I watched the first time. It's great fun rewatching and finding all these little nuggets. I admit that I've not rewatched completely in order. I've done some skipping around (and maybe a few too many rewatches of episode 98? But I didn't admit that. Nope!) :D

      Delete
  3. Ah, it looks great! And are those cards or something in the left bottom corner? I would definitely be into some merchandise for this series (I'm debating whether or not to buy this mug: http://dftba.com/product/152/Everyone-Deserves-Tea-Mug)
    Do you also watch Emma Approved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very great, Birdie! :) And those are bookmarks actually. I've been eyeing that mug as well! Such fun merchandise for this show, it's probably a really good thing that I haven't spent much time at dftba.com. ;)

      I've watched the beginning episodes of Emma Approved. But then I moved and somehow I haven't gotten back to it and caught up. But I really, really want to! I hope I can soon. Have you been watching it?

      Delete
    2. I have been diligently following Emma Approved and loving it! The show is in hiatus at the moment until June, so that would be a great time to get caught up!

      Delete
    3. Now that's an excellent idea! :D

      Delete
  4. I've heard a little bit about this show here and there. It sounds very interesting. I'd like to try it. I was wondering, have you reviewed it before? I'd love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ashley!

      It's a wonderful show. I definitely recommend it. Unfortunately I have not ever officially reviewed it on here. Only just gushed about it occasionally. But my friend Rissi has a comparison of The LBD vs Emma Approved if you're interested.

      (http://scribblesscriptsandsuch.blogspot.com/2013/11/emma-approved-vs-lizzie-bennet-diaries.html)

      Let me know what you think if you try it out. It has a great portrayal of female relationships. Not to mention a swoony romance! ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...