October 24, 2012
Wednesday Hodgepodge #99
1. So, do you like beer?
(Joyce says 99 always reminds her of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall". So this question does originate from logic. :)
I've never actually tried beer, but as I don't really enjoy wine (the only other alcoholic drink I've tried and yes, I do know they are different), nor do I like the smell of beer, I have never even been tempted to try and see if I'd like it.
2. What's your least favorite repetitive task?
Hmmmm, I'd probably say laundry or grocery shopping. I cannot stand to do either job, and like clockwork, they shout to be done every week. Yuck.
3. When was the last time you rode a bus? Where was it headed?
I'm pretty sure the last time was a youth Christmas caroling several years ago. We traveled around in a school bus from house to house. It was actually quite fun. :)
4. What song from your childhood or from your own children's childhood could make a parent's nerves stand on end?
The first song that popped into my head was: "This is the song that never ends, it goes on and on my friend, some people started singing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that never ends...." Are you singing it in your mind now? :) (If it makes you feel better, so am I.)
5. The US Presidential election cycle is drawing to a close (can I get an AMEN??), and the third and final debate was held last night...what was the last thing you 'debated about'?
I honestly have no idea. My friend's husband seems to like engaging me in conversation and twisting me around in circles until I concede to him, but we haven't done that in a while. Sooo........next question?
6. Can a person make too much money? How much is too much?
Not sure you can have too much money necessarily, what it really depends on is how you spend it. You can make millions and donate 90% of it, and I'd say you're not making too much. On the other hand, you can make hundreds and spend every cent on frivolous things you desire in the moment, and I'd say not that you make too much money, but obviously you're not too smart with what you do have. Does that make sense?
7. Pop-soda-coke-something else...what's it called where you live?
I grew up calling it 'soft drinks'. Now I live in another state, and I call it mostly 'soda', but 'pop' comes out pretty often also. I actually rather like calling it 'pop', no specific reason, it's just a fun word to say. Don't you think? :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Since this is my very first attempt at this hodgepodge, I don't have much to add. Other than I think this is great fun! :)