June 2, 2014

Questions, Answers, And Fun, Oh My!

So! I saw this post over at Jamie's blog first, then at Rissi's. They both invited anybody else to join in, so I thought "Why not?". And here I am! With answers! I just know you can't wait to see what I confess to, right? ;)

Here goes nothing:


What are your top three book pet hates?

1-I'll agree with Jamie, I'm not a fan of love triangles. I mean seriously. How many times in real life does a girl actually have trouble choosing between two awesome guys and...AND they let her basically date both of them while she chooses? Really?

2-Having to wait a year or more in between books in a series! Oh man. Waiting is hard! This is why I usually try to wait until the whole series is out before even starting it. But....I admit it....The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer totally sucked me in. And now I have to wait!!! *sigh*

3-When publishers change the covers in a series, right in the middle of the series. So I end up with one or two of this sort of cover and one or two of that one. What can I say? I like my covers to match!

Describe your perfect reading spot.

All I require is that it's comfy. I read in my favorite chair mostly. But also in bed, or on the couch, or at the table....so long as it's comfy, I can be happy. :)

Tell us three book confessions.

Oh boy. Let me think a minute...

1-I have very few authors that I love every single book they've published. Most of the time, I really like a few of their books and then there are always one or two or more that I don't like at all. *shrugs* I can't explain why, it's just the way it seems to go for me.

2-Reading blogs and reviews for the past few years has really opened my reading life up. Therefore, my list of books I've read or "wishlisted" (thanks for the word, Courtney! ;) is quite eclectic and interesting! I don't stick to just one genre, I read several. (Which you probably already knew if you read my reviews regularly, huh?)

3-Sometimes I don't read the entire book, every single word. Instead, I skim over some parts or even some paragraphs or pages and keep on going! Sometimes I do go back and reread those portions and sometimes I never do. Why do I do this? I have no idea. But let me reassure you, that I do read most of the story! I don't count it as read unless I've read most of every single chapter.

When was the last time you cried during a book?

Honestly? I really can't remember. Which is odd, because I'm usually an emotional reader. As in, it doesn't take much for me to cry.

How many books are on your bedside table?

Currently only three. Two nonfiction, and one fiction (The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight). The fiction book by my bedside is usually a revolving door. It changes regularly! ;)

What is your favorite snack while you’re reading?

I don't usually eat while reading actually. Unless it's during a mealtime, in which case the book is with me at the table. ;) But otherwise, if I get hungry, I eat whatever I can scrounge up. Namely, chips or chocolate or fruit or....you get the picture.

Name three books you would recommend to everyone.

My Hands Came Away Red by Lisa McKay - Seriously! Everyone should read this.
Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery - No other words needed.
The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis - I know everyone else chose these as well, but they're not wrong! This series is wonderful!

I know, I picked way more than three books up there (maybe more like 15 or so?). But I had to include the whole series! ;)

Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.




Yeah, this is just one of my bookshelves (I currently have three and could use more!), but I couldn't just pick one shelf on it. So you get the whole thing! :D

Write how much books mean to you in just three words.

Hope, Adventure, Life

What is your biggest reading secret?

My biggest? I don't know if it's my biggest, but it's a secret regardless. Kinda anyway. I confess it, I love my kindle and one of the biggest reasons I love it so much is the fact that I can read a book and nobody has any clue what I'm reading. I'm just sort of weird that way!


And there you have it, folks! That was loads of fun. If you'd care to join in, I know the other bloggers won't care. And we'd love to read your answers as well! :)


10 comments:

  1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight? That is one of the best and most intriguing titles I've ever heard!

    Anne of Green Gables is awesome. :) I think I made it up to the fourth or fifth book. Then my friend introduced me to Montgomery's Emily of New Moon trilogy which I immediately loved.

    I agree, love triangles do get kind of old, and they're very unrealistic. Sometimes it seems like an excuse to create more tension without having to move the plot forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TSPoLaFS is such a fun read, Ashley! If you enjoy cute YA stories, I'd highly recommend it. :D

      I haven't read the Emily series yet, but I borrowed it from a friend recently and hope to read them soon! Glad to know you loved them.

      Yes! That last sentence is SO true! I enjoy reading a cute romance with plot involved, not some push-pull between three characters that just ends up making me roll my eyes. *sigh*

      Delete
  2. Three cheers for a.) a new post from Kara and b.) that she joined in this fun bookish quiz! I really enjoyed this and it looks like you did too - you were one who I was thinking off when saying, "you know who you are." ;)

    Yes to love triangles and for different covers! I said something similar about the latter. What can I say?? It's an annoyance. ;) Great bookshelf picture - I spy one of my recent favorites on there. Love that you have one of Jennifer's books on your bedside table to read - Amber has recommended that one, and I think I bought it a while back. Narnia deserves all these mentions, and I heart your three words. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well! Thank you, Rissi. You made my day with that comment. :) And yes! This was such a fun post to write. Was glad to get my chance at it! ;)

      I wondered if people would look close enough at that picture to notice the books. ;) Haven't read that one yet. I have a post coming next week regarding books I own that I haven't read. (Thanks for the idea, by the way!) TSPoLaFS is a wonderful as Amber says it is. I hope you enjoy it once it comes to the top of your pile. I've reread it multiple times.

      Delete
  3. Yay!! I'm so glad you joined in! Loved reading your answers :) I most definitely agree - blogging has multiplied my TBR by a ton :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! And oh my. My TBR is horrendously towering! ;)

      Delete
  4. I loved seeing your answers! And thanks for the mention, by the way.
    I like your "reading secret". I agree, it's fun to be a little mysterious sometimes in what you're reading. Plus, ereaders are a portable bookshelf that fits in your purse! [Or at least they fit in mine - - I usually carry a large one. But that's another topic..... :) ]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney. And thank you for letting me use your word. ;)

      Exactly! A portable bookshelf of awesome. My kindle actually does go with me everywhere. I keep it in my purse because you never know when you'll have a "reading emergency"! ;) And purse sizes....well....we'll definitely save that topic for another day!

      Delete
  5. Third book confession : me too, Kara. I don't even know why. Lately, I've been starting books,liking some of them, but finding myself skipping toward the end because certain parts are too slow for my taste. Still waiting for that book I'll savour from beginning to end.

    Nice to have read your answers, Kara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ganise! I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does this. Some parts can be too slow as you said, and other times, I just speed read ahead for no good reason. *shrugs* I can't explain it. But it does feel nice to realize I'm not alone in this! :)

      I hadn't had a book that I devoured from beginning to end for a loooonnngggg time. But I recently read Cruel Beauty and it kept me up late and was perfectly delightful! I hope you find one such story yourself soon. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...