April 22, 2015

A List of Random Questions {and Answers!}


The lovely Emma tagged me for this and I thought I'd give it a go! (Naomi started the fun, so be sure to check out both of their blogs. These ladies are fab. :)
The Rules:
  • Paste the button onto your blog post.
  • Leave a new list of questions (or just pass on the question list you answered) and tag a few people of your random choice (and say why you tagged them, if you have time!) (Be original and nonsensical in your question-creativity - make the blogging world a cheerful place :-) And be disastrously random.)
  • Write down three facts about you - one of them is WRONG. Let your commenters guess in the comments which one is wrong (and tell them in the comments after a while)
  • Answer the questions of the person who tagged you - make it all super random and interesting.
So let's see, three random facts and one of them is wrong......

1 - I love Spring.
2 - The color yellow make me happy.
3 - Running for pleasure is a favorite way to spend time.

And now for the questions!

What was the last blog you visited?

Naomi's actually. To see what her answers for this tag were.

What is one of your favorite movie soundtracks to listen to?

I could name several, but I'll go with Return to Me. I especially enjoy this particular song. But the whole soundtrack is full of all these old songs and it just makes me happy! :)

What's the absolute weirdest movie you've ever seen?

Half Baked - Maybe not so much weird as just plain dumb. What can I say? I was young and my friends wanted to see it, so we did.

What are the first flowers to bloom in the spring where you live?

I don't know if they're the very first to bloom, but they are the first ones that I noticed this year. Daffodils! Gloriously yellow daffodils.

What is the longest book you've ever read?

I just started Yankee Stranger and it's 306 pages. Also getting ready to start Dune and it's 604 pages!!!! (I had to look that up on Goodreads. As for ones that I've finished already, I have no idea.)

Are you on Goodreads?

I am indeed. Come by and be my friend, if we're not already. :)

Have you ever been in a musical production before?

Yes! I was part of the extras in the crowd scenes and musical numbers for Anything Goes in high school.

Is your mailbox on the same side of the street as your house, or do you have to cross the street to get to it?

On the same side of the street and I much prefer it that way. At my parent's house, I had to wait for traffic and they live on a very busy road. I disliked having barely enough space to stand off the road so the cars wouldn't hit me. (You try standing mere feet from cars going at least 50 miles an hour! Too close for my comfort.)

Do you subscribe to any magazines?

No. I tried a few years ago, but they piled up unread, so I gave it up. Too many good books distract me! ;)

Would you ever consider dying your hair?

Nope. I rather like my hair color just the way it is.

Is there a particular actress you think you look like?

Can't think of a single one.

Do you decorate your bedroom with pictures of period dramas?

No, I don't. I just enjoy watching them again and again and again. (And again. :)


So I think I'm going to take the easy way out and not tag anybody in particular. But if anyone wants to join in, then feel free! And just use the questions above. (I know. I'm kind of lazy that way today. Sorry.) Thank you, Emma, for the tag! It's kind of fun to write random posts now and again. :)



16 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for the compliment. =) You're fab too. :-)

    I'm guessing your wrong fact is #3 - I know it's not 2, because I know just by looking at your Pinterest and blog layout that you love yellow. (Eck, if the wrong fact ends up being 2 I'm going to be so embarrassed. Ha.)

    I like my hair colour just the way it is, too. =)

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! You're right, I am NOT a runner. So no need to be embarrassed! I would much prefer walking in general, unless there's a bike or a car or a horse or some other form of travel that will get me somewhere quick. :D

      Ha! I don't exactly make a secret of my love of yellow, do I? It's everywhere! I also tend to wear it a lot, my nieces and nephews have commented that I'm always wearing yellow whenever they see me. What can I say? It's just a cheerful color and it makes me happy! :)

      Thanks for this fun tag, Naomi. I'm glad I could join in.

      Delete
  2. You're so very welcome! Thanks for doing it! And thanks for calling me fab. :-) You're such a dear!

    Hmmm... I'm guessing your wrong fact is #3. I know it would be for me. Haha.

    You started Yankee Stranger! Forgive me while I freak out for a moment-- the mere mention of the book gives me shivers.

    That's cool that you were in Anything Goes! I saw a college production of it a few years ago, and it was hilarious. A bit off-color at times, but very amusing. I'm sure it would have been fun to be in it! Musicals are the greatest, aren't they?

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at'cha, Emma! I always enjoy reading your posts.

      Yep! Running is SO not what I'd call a good time. At all! ;)

      I have to admit that I've only just barely begun Yankee Stranger. Life's just gotten crazy and I've had a couple review books I needed to get read. But I'm enjoying what I've read so far! I'm so glad you recommended it.

      Musicals are awesome! That was the only one I ever got onstage for, but I helped with several others behind the scenes and loved every minute. I've always enjoyed singing, so combine that with storytelling and I'm a happy lady! :D

      Delete
  3. Pleeeeeeeeeeease say that #3 is false!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamlette: YES! Running just....ugh. Gross and yuck and awful and yeah. Definitely not a runner! :D

      Delete
  4. Fun post, Kara! :-D

    I'm just going to write that # 3 is wrong. I know I personally don't find it fun to run...

    I've never had to stand near a busy road to check the mail. That doesn't sound like much fun, but I'd do it if I knew I had a book waiting for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grace! And yay for someone else who doesn't enjoy running. I have several friends who run marathons and half marathons and color runs and all sorts of things. And lots of times, they're helping with great causes, but I just cannot convince myself to join in. Yuck. ;)

      Well of course! If there's a book involved, I would definitely brave a little traffic! Nothing is going to keep me from my reading. ;D

      Delete
  5. I probably would have said #3 was wrong anyway, but you also phrased it differently than the others, which is either a tell or a purposeful misdirection. Uh-oh, psychology! lol

    Also, I'm so glad someone else has watched and listened to Return to Me! I LOVE that movie, but no one else I talk to has ever seen it. I also cry every time, but that's neither here nor there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen it! In fact, I saw it in the theater, and it was the first DVD I ever gave my mom. It's very sweet, gives me a lump in my throat in several places, and has awesome music. Plus, they mention Bobby Darin in it :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes! It's adorable. Anyone who loves a good romance has to love it, I think.

      Delete
    3. Hamlette & Hannah: Return to Me is SO so good! It is very high on my list of favorites and while I don't always cry it just gets me right in the feels. Every. Single. Time! I'm so glad to hear you both love it too. Is it even possible not to like it? I mean, the sweet romance, the awesome gentlemen whose conversations make me laugh every time, the music of course!, the singing (I especially love the scene where the men are choosing the music and start singing along), and the gorilla (blanking on his name at the moment...), and yeah. It's just awesome.

      Also, I had not even realized that I phrased #3 differently, Hannah. But your response made me grin! I wish I could say that it was a purposeful misdirection, but I suppose it's more of a tell. And really, I was coming up blank on what to even type there, so maybe it was desperation as well? :D (Now I'm clearly going to have to work harder if I want to convince you of anything in the future. Get my brain to work a bit more! haha)

      Delete
    4. So good. I mainly cry at the beginning. Because...well, you know. I don't want to give anything away to innocent bystanders. See the movie, muggles!

      Awesome! A challenge! Watch me get the next one completely wrong. lol

      Delete
    5. The beginning IS awfully sad, Hannah! So I understand. And yes! See the movie, muggles!

      Ha! I wouldn't bet on that. I'm not so great at subterfuge, so you'll most likely catch me every time! But we shall see, shall we? ;)

      Delete
  6. *narrows eyes* I would say #3 but why do I get the feeling that #1 is also a possibility?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And #3 it is! I am NOT a runner whatsoever, Sandy. I applaud those that are, but me? Yeah, not gonna happen. Spring, however, I do love. When I can wear sandals but not roast in the yucky heat of Summer, I am a happy lady. Fall works really well for me too, actually. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...