December 15, 2016
Gilmore Girls Book Tag
Hello, my lovelies! I hope your December is going well so far. I saw Rissi do this tag (I am slowly catching up on my blog reading. I have been so behind that it's not even funny!) and thought it looked like fun. Now I am fully cognizant that this tag probably went around in November because of the revival of Gilmore Girls, A Year in the Life. But as I am usually behind the times anyway, I figure it doesn't really matter that I'm doing it now. Right??
So here we go! :)
1. I just got hit by a deer - character having the worst day ever ~ Lucy from The Goodbye Bride by Denise Hunter, Waking up with amnesia, only to find everything is horribly changed in your life would not be fun.
2. Stars Hollow - wildly eccentric cast ~ The Q by Beth Brower, I love every single one of them, but especially Quincy herself! :)
3. Coffee - a book you're addicted to / a character with an addiction ~ The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater is definitely a book I'm addicted to! I have reread it countless times.
4. Someone devil-egged my car?! - great act of revenge ~ I don't know that it's a "great act of revenge", but in The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa, Allison starts out pretty revenge-y.
5. Mr. Medina - an illicit affair ~ ???
6. Kim's Antiques - a world you'd be afraid to enter ~ Pretty sure I wouldn't want to live in The Host by Stephanie Meyer!
7. Harvard vs. Yale - character who needs to make a life-changing decision ~ Valancy from The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
8. Luke's Diner - a comfort read ~ The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
9. Am I crying or laughing? - a book that messed with your emotions ~ My Hands Came Away Red by Lisa McKay
10. Emily - the hbic (character in charge) ~ Faith's mom, from Intermission by Serena Chase
11. Lorelai and Rory - favorite family dynamic ~ Savannah and her mother from the Savannah series by Denise Hildreth Jones, I love how they may frustrate each other, but love each other dearly regardless.
12. I pushed him in the lake! - a book you'd throw in a lake ~ I would never throw a book in a lake!
13. 1000 yellow daisies - favorite romance ~ Alice and Paul from The Pepper in the Gumbo by Mary Jane Hathaway, and for the record they are one of my many favorites!
14. Jess - an unpopular opinion ~ I've tried one of John Green's books and have been very unenthused to try another.
15. First snow - snow or holiday read ~ Starring Christmas by Rachel McMillan & Allison Pittman
16. Hep Alien - book centered around music ~ Intermission by Serena Chase, It has more to do with musical theater, but I'm counting it! :)
17. He'd better have a motorcycle! - your book crush ~ August from The Thorn Healer by Pepper Basham, That man....! *swoon*
18. It's repetitive and redundant - a book that could have been shorter ~ I couldn't come up with anything for this one, besides usually I'm wishing a book would be longer!
19. Kirk - the weirdest book you've ever read ~ Mothership by Martin Leicht & Isla Neal
20. It's a lifestyle. It's a religion. - that one book that means more to you than any other. ~ I'm just going to go with books in general. I love books! :)