May 17, 2014

Little Letters :: Tenth Edition


Dear Call the Midwife, I've only watched season one so far, but I've fallen for your charms completely. Chummy just makes me grin when she comes on screen! And her romance is so cute. I hear sadness is in store come season three, but I'll worry about that when I watch it. For now, on to season two!

Dear rain, oh how I missed your randomness! Having moved back to a state where I never know when to expect you (versus a state where you only came during one season of the year), I love how you make everything fresh and green and brand new feeling. :)

Dear new library, you are a wonderful and amazing discovery! You've become a huge giver of happiness in my life. Thanks for having free wifi plus a comforting environment. You made my big move worth it!


Dear inventor of chai, I have become your newest fan! Since discovering the gloriousness of drinking chai, whether hot or cold, I have proceeded to spend way too much money on this goodness. But oh what comfort it bring!

Dear new/old/renewed friendships, I am so incredibly grateful for all of you! Online and off, my friendships have sustained me through some tough months recently. Life is just so much more awesome with friends! Thanks for being there.

Dear nieces and nephews, I am sooooo happy to live near you now! I am loving the precious time we get to spend together. I've never been so grateful to have a messy house after you leave. Your smiles and hugs mean ever so much more than I can tell you.

Dear Emily P Freeman, thanks for writing such encouraging non-fiction. And for inspiring me to keep writing. Even a little bitty blog like this, if I'm enjoying writing it, and it brings me happiness, then I want to keep going.
You may not be the first to say it, write it, create it, or believe it--but you saying it may be the first time someone finally hears. Yes, someone else can say it better, but that doesn't mean you can't say it too. Throw out your inhibitions and spin around in this crazy world of recycled ideas. There is nothing new to say. Say it anyway! ~ Emily P Freeman


10 comments:

  1. Oh I like that last paragraph. This girl is no professional writer (yet! ;-) but she's taking a Creative Writing class and it's VERY easy for her to, oftentimes, loathe her writing. Encouragement is pure gold to any and every form of writer. I also like your mention of the library. Makes me think about how I'm sort of rediscovering my love of reading after going through a rough period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ganise, isn't that quote wonderful?! I haven't taken a creative writing class, but I've thought about it. Hope it's going well for you! :) And I'm so glad things are looking up for you, my friend. I'm sorry things have been rough. Been thinking of you often.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post, Kara. And echoing Ganise, that last paragraph/quote? Wonderful. Thanks for the encouragement.

    Yay for Call the Midwife. I've got one episode left in S3 (hopefully Saturday morning I'll get to it), then it's time to organize my thoughts. Cannot wait to know what everyone else thought of S3. It's good - and Chummy? You are not alone, friend. She's a favorite - and my mom says all the time that Chummy is her favorite character. We love her.

    Thought of you a lot over these last few months, Kara. Hard as it was, I hope your life is starting to "settle." Whenever you can stop by Twitter or blogs, we love chatting with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi! And I just knew others would enjoy that quote. It's been good for me as well! :)

      I'm actually now on S3 myself. And just passed a sad episode. Only three more left now. Chummy is still awesome as ever and I'm falling even harder for all the others as well. These characters are SO well written! May need to write a post of all my thoughts soon.

      Things are definitely settling now, hallelujah! And I'm loving all the chatting via blogs and twitter so very much. Thanks for being a good friend! :)

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to watch Call the Midwife for some time but whenever I've decided to sit down and watch it, something always comes up. Sometime in the next few months I really should get around to checking it out, lol :)

    - Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lianne! I definitely recommend it. It kind of had to grow on me a little, but now that I'm on S3, I am solidly committed to these characters and laugh and cry with them. It's a wonderful show! If you get the chance to watch it, let me know what you think. :)

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with you on Call the Midwife. Such a wonderful show! I do love Chummy as well, but my favourite character is Sister Bernadette. Her storyline in series 2 is really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Birdie! It is absolutely wonderful, isn't it?! And I was quite impressed with the way they handled Sister Bernadette's storyline in S2. I was wondering how things were going to go, and I so appreciated the care they gave her character. (If that makes sense.) She's a fascinating character and it's been great fun watching her grow! :)

      Delete
  5. Make your own chai mix! Not hard at all, I've done it :-) And much cheaper than going to a coffee shop or buying the boxed mixes.

    And I hear you on the rain. I love it! We had the most delicious thunderstorm last night right as I was falling asleep. Rumbles and grumbles and cracks and booms -- wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried one chai tea recipe that was good. But I haven't tried making a mix. Thanks for the idea, Hamlette! I'm positive it would be much nicer for my pocketbook. ;)

      Rain just makes me happy. Glad I'm not alone in this! I'm in need of a really good walk in the rain soon. I love the sound and the fact that I come back all refreshed!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...