January 28, 2015

Links And Things...

Photo by Bev Lloyd-Roberts LRPS
Hello my lovelies! I trust your January has treated you well so far? Mine's been busy, hence the one post a week dealio. My time has not been my own! (kudos if you know that line, by the way ;) Anyhoo, I just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm still around. Plus I wanted to share a couple posts that I thought were pretty cool! :)

Firstly, Hamlette has written an excellent post on why Anne Elliot, from Jane Austen's Persuasion, is so awesome. And trust me, Anne is very awesome! If you haven't met her yet, I highly recommend that you do! She's one of my favorite characters. And some day I may yet get around to posting my thoughts on why she is and what that has to say about me. But that's for another day!

Secondly, I know I've written multitudes of times how amazing I think My Hands Came Away Red is. You're all probably sick to death about reading about this book. But it's just so fantastic and I want somebody else to think so too! So far, only one of my real life friends has read it and fell in love as much as I. And hardly any of my blogging friends have. *sniff sniff* Alas.... Anyway! That's beside the point. My point is the author of that book, Lisa McKay, also writes a blog and she has a great post from last week regarding getting excited for moving to Vanuatu. It's mostly about her analysis of what "getting excited" consists of though and parts of it resonated with me. Especially the parts about change and how it affects how excited or not excited we get about something.

And lastly, I finished my official re-read of North and South Monday night! Yay! It was perfectly delightful and I'm positive I'll have more thoughts to share later. But I did want to mention that the last discussion post and twitter party is this coming Sunday (Feb. 1st.), so for anybody interested who's not watching the Superbowl, head over to Suey's blog for all the details come Sunday! The more the merrier, I say. :)



4 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm so glad you liked my post about Anne! It was more difficult to write than I'd expected -- I knew I loved her, on a sort of instinctive level, but finding the words to explain was tricky.

    BTW, I just saw N&S for the very first time this week, and OH MY WORD!!!!!!! I am so in love with it! I had to buy my own copy immediately (and it hasn't arrived in the mail yet, argh!), and I bought a copy of the book too. Once I finish reading "Middlemarch" I'm going to read it. So expect some fangirling from me on your various N&S posts as I get the time to read them :-)

    I'm putting in a request for "My Hands Came Away Red" at the library, so hoping to get it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did, Hamlette! Such a great post. And you put into words exactly what I've always thought. Anne is simply awesome! (Although I completely understand about the trickiness of finding the words because I've struggled with that as well.)

      YAY! I already said that in my response to your other comment, but it bears repeating. Double yay! I'm so glad it lived up to all our fangirling about it for you! Because it really is fabulous. Can't wait to hear what you think about the book! And yes. Please do stop by my N&S posts and let us know what your theories and thoughts are! Gushing is most definitely allowed. :D

      Really? You are? You just made my day even more! (Now I just hope you like it. *bites nails*)

      Delete
  2. Anne Elliot IS awesome, and I loved the post, too!

    My Hands Came Away Red sounds fantastic. On my TBR list now so it will be read.

    And that's awesome that you finished North and South! I know the basics of what will happen because I've seen the Richard Armitage version, but so excited for the rest of the book! I keep re-watching the movie up to the parts I've read, which has been kind of interesting. I'm about four chapters into the second half. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is! And wasn't that post so great, Hannah? I'm glad you thought so too!

      Aw, yay! I hope you get the chance to read it. It really is one of my very favorite books. And like I told Hamlette, now I just hope you like it! :)

      Go, Hannah, go! That's one thing that I really enjoyed about the book actually. While I knew what would happen based off the miniseries, it didn't lessen my enjoyment of the book and I even kept turning pages rapidly at some points just to find out what would happen next! And of course, I did love picturing Richard as Thornton. ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...