February 5, 2020

Bite-Sized Reviews :: Edition Fifty-Three



43838303
The Words Between Us By Erin Bartels
This is very much a gripping read! I was pulled into Robin's world from the first few paragraphs and stayed glued to the pages. As her past is slowly revealed and we discover just what has made her into the person she is today, I was thoroughly intrigued. However, I have to say that while I was very much invested in where her journey would take her, there were several moments that jarred me out of the story. The overall flow just wasn't as smooth as I wanted. And the ending...well, it simply fell a little flat for me. I was expecting more of something during the final pages and never found it. Things finished up a little too cleanly and quickly for me. So while I was captivated by the storyline, I closed the book feeling disappointed. But overall, still a wonderfully told story!


29093272
Letters From Paris by Juliet Blackwell
The idea of death masks fascinates me! I'd never heard of them until reading this story. Clair's journey to discover the history behind a particular death mask and the slow unfolding of what really happened years ago kept me turning page after page. Plus the romance bits were pretty cute. :) Overall an intriguing story that I'm glad I read.



26114524The Only Thing Worse Than Me is You 
by Lily Anderson
When a favorite reviewer highly recommended this teenage take on Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing, I knew I'd have to try it. And I wasn't disappointed! It translated into modern times very well (as I figured) and was just a whole lot of fun. Mostly the bits between Trixie and Ben. Those two characters never failed to make me laugh and shake my head at their determination to not admit their feelings and then be unable to deny them. :D Super fun with adorable romantic bits, if you like Much Ado, I think you'd enjoy this one.


48159811. sy475
The Last Drop by Erynn Mangum
I love Erynn Mangum stories, especially her Maya Davis series. This is a wonderful continuation of them! Presley is so much fun, Maya is as awesome as always, and the romance...well! I loved every cute and adorable moment! Definitely you should start with book one of the series if you haven't read it yet, but each successive book is loads of fun and this one is a perfect ending. (Only I wouldn't be opposed to more Maya books! Just saying. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...