July 12, 2013

July EstellaGram :: Week One

I stumbled across this idea a while back and decided to try it for the entire month of July. It's one of those photo-a-day thingies. You probably don't know or don't remember, but I tried something similar last December. Unfortunately, because of my trip home for Christmas I was unable to finish the whole month. Here's hoping I can make it happen in July! (Considering I'm almost 5 days behind already, who knows. But better late than never, right?)

Anyway, I've tweeted my pictures, but I haven't shared them with y'all. And I know you're just dying to see what bookish things I've taken photos of, isn't that right? Well, anyway. I'm sharing them. So here they are! :D

Day 1 : Cover


 Beauty by Robin McKinley
{I really need to get my review written.}


Day 2 : Chapter 1


Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
{Love that first sentence!}


Day 3 : Last Line


Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster
{Favoritest book ever!}


Day 4 : Acknowledgements


There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones
{This makes me giggle.}


Day 5 : Burn

 
{Excellent story! Highly recommend. An oldie but goodie.}


Day 6 : TBR


{Two down, one to go.}


Day 7 : Reading Room


{My bookshelves are full! I hardly have any room left.}



15 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures about a favorite subject: books!! ;D

    Love the creative glimpses at what you've been reading and the obvious passion for these stories. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I just can't stay away from bookish things. It's been fun trying to pick out stuff that will match the theme of the day.

      Aw, thanks, Amber. I can certainly get quite passionate about stories. It's fun to know I'm not alone in that! :D

      Delete
  2. Lovely bookish pictures!

    I see you stack books on other books on your shelf. I do that too, lol. From what I see you have a nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace! And yes, my poor bookshelves are overflowing. I fit them wherever I can! ;D Books just make me happy, I love being surrounded with them.

      Delete
  3. Dig it! My books don't stack nearly so nicely :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hamlette, you just can't see all the other places I have my books stashed around my room. Other shelves aren't so pretty. I had to pick the nicest spot to show everyone, you know! ;)

      Delete
  4. Cool idea!! And lovely pictures :) I love the book Beauty, I've been meaning to re-read it for a long time, can't wait to read you review of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva! My pictures aren't nearly as nice as yours though. I'm definitely an amateur photographer! :)

      I really liked Beauty! Can't believe I hadn't ever read it before. My review should be coming next week hopefully.

      Delete
  5. Love this idea, Kara. So fun and easy. :) Gotta' love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rissi! Yup, fun and easy. I love ideas like that! :D

      Delete
  6. Ooo, Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster looks like a good read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Jamie! It's an old book, but so cute. I never get tired of reading it. Makes me smile every time. :)

      Delete
    2. It is, Jamie! It's an old book, but so cute. It makes me smile every time I read it. :)

      Delete
  7. Nice post. I love your reading room photo. I see that you are near your Goodreads reading challenge. I am so far behind this year and now trying to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Xenia! :) I really wasn't sure how many books I'd read in a year, so I had no idea what number to challenge myself with. I've been quite surprised to see how quickly I reached 50! Good luck with yours.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...