July 26, 2013

Quoting

This is just a quick stop in. I have at least two reviews I need to write and for some reason they haven't written themselves. Go figure. I promise they are coming though! :)


So instead, I thought I'd share some bits and pieces of words strung together that create loveliness. I'm a quote person anyway. Perhaps you've noticed that little Goodreads quote box on the sidebar? The number of quotes I've "liked" on Goodreads is atrociously large! There are so many awesome people who can string together a bunch of words and create awe-inspiring sentences and paragraphs. This skill is most certainly an enviable one, I admit. I string together words around here and am satisfied so I post it, then days or weeks later I read it again and wonder what on earth I was thinking! But that's neither here nor there, is it?

Anyway, this was part of a blog post over here. I thought these words absolutely worth sharing.

Life is not easy and it was never intended to be, for a life well-lived will always be overflowing with maddening goodness and breath-taking badness, with easy and hard, and with wondrous beauty and ferocious ugly. And you’ll be tired and weary, you’ll question and fear, you’ll feel confusion and doubt.

I hope you’ll always know that when the world is dark and you’re absolutely unsure of everything, that you’ll find him at the water’s edge. You’ll see his power in the thundering waves that smash upon the shore. You’ll feel him in the salty spray that covers you, in the wind that sweeps up your hair and makes it dance. You’ll marvel in the sunlight and moonlight that sparkles across the water. And that you’ll know in this moment, when you stand before the great big sea, that the creator of the universe is with you. And find his boundless love pouring out in the roaring and crashing and spraying and sparkling.

My darlings, if you dare to live, you’ll often be lonely. If you dare to dream, you’ll have to jump into the unknown and sometimes the unknown will be more like a place where you set up camp and stay for a while, rather than a brief moment or a quick visit. You’ll face opposition in a world full of logic and reason and the masses won’t understand.  And you’ll feel small, oh so small, but, my dear ones,  be brave, be free, be strong.  His love is an ocean.


2 comments:

  1. The NERVE of those reviews! Why on earth haven't they written themselves - you know, I need to scold mine for not writing themselves also. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, right?! Silly reviews. Don't they know they're supposed to be helpful? You let me know how that scolding goes, Rissi. And whether yours shape up or not. ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...