July 16, 2013

Life-Ruiners ~ 6 {Fictional} Men Who Make Me Swoon

book and flower heart
via
The lovely Jamie had this great idea last week! She listed 6 fictional men who ruined her life. ;) So guess what? I'm borrowing her idea today! Who doesn't love a good swoon over a fictional man?

These men make my reading experiences so much happier. They're lovely and awesome and really just all around great guys. They aren't perfect, but they realize it and make amends if need be. They're kind and sweet, yet have a fierce protective streak, especially when it comes to their ladies! I've spent many a night dreaming that they could leap off the page into my life and sweep me away. Alas, no such luck. But that just means I get to reread all my favorite scenes with them to my hearts content. :D

In short? I think I'll let them speak for themselves. :)

1)  John Thornton - You knew he'd be mentioned, didn't you? :D I won't add any more to what I said the other day, but suffice it to say he's swoon-worthy!

2)  DJ Neeley - So sweet, so nice, so adorable! He sweeps Bella off her feet from their first meeting and doesn't let her catch her breath again. He has a great family he loves to spend time with, he has a fun sense of humor, he's so obviously (and cutely!) attracted to Bella, he's simply a good man. Definitely a keeper!

3)  Vidanric, The Marquise of Merindar - I admit it, I love that he falls for her first. Mel is so very determined to hate him! But he figures out a way to get around that and allow them to understand one another. He is committed and patient and knows that Mel is worth the wait. Their interactions sizzle and snap with all the attraction they're trying to deny. I love how steadfast he is!

4)  Jack Dominguez - He is such an awesome friend to Maya. Always there when she needs him, supportive yet willing to say the hard stuff if she's in the wrong, he makes her think and change, plus he makes a great cup of coffee. I love, love, love that they start out as simply really great friends! He's funny and sweet and so loving to Maya. *sigh* I need to reread this series again.

5)  Captain Fredrick Wentworth - I just love that he notices Anne when no one else does. Even when he's trying to deny that he still loves her, he can't help but worry and care for her. The way he looks at her when she's unaware in the adaptations! (Especially the 2008 version. *sigh*) He's so good to her. And I love how, near the end, he brightens every time she's in his vicinity and can hardly make himself look away.

6)  Wolf - Every time he and Scarlet are in close proximity, oh my! He had me swooning pretty much from the beginning. I really don't have any words for him other than I loved him to pieces. I loved he and Scarlet together! I'd grin like an idiot every time they had a moment. Ms. Meyer's got her work cut out for her to create someone to top him! (But I bet she'll do it. ;)

It was hard to limit myself to only six! There are so many awesome fictional guys out there. But I had to stop somewhere. Who would you pick?



22 comments:

  1. Kara! You like Fredrick Wentworth too! *happy dance* And of course I love that you placed John Thornton as number 1. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you created your own list! Looks like I have 4 new guys to meet :)

    Love Wentworth and totally agree with you about Wolf!! Love that series! On a kinda random note - Kai it really bugging me right now. He better get his act together soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for letting me borrow your idea, Jamie!

      Oh I know exactly what your mean about Kai. He really does need to get his act together. Use your brain, man! We know you have one! And isn't that series so awesome? I'm completely hooked. :D

      Delete
  3. Oh my! I only 'know' one of your men!

    My six (as in, can't I please marry this guy?) would be:

    1. Mr. Edward Fairfax Rochester from Jane Eyre
    2. Maxim de Winter from Rebecca
    3. Boromir from The Lord of the Rings
    4. Sirius Black from the Harry Potter books
    5. Captain Jack Aubrey from the naval novels by Patrick O'Brian
    6. Edmund Dantes from The Count of Monte Cristo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice list, Hamlette! And we're totally in the same boat, I know only two of 'your' men. No wait a minute, I know three!

      I keep seeing The Count of Monte Cristo around. I might just have to check that one out sometime.

      So Boromir is pretty great in the books? It's been a while since I've seen the movie and that's all I have to go on.

      As for Rochester? Hmmm. I still haven't convinced myself to try the book again. But! I am enjoying that modern adaptation on youtube! :)

      Delete
    2. Well, I have this thing for antiheroes and flawed characters. So while I find Boromir wonderful, others don't. Just like in the movies, he is proud, utterly devoted to Gondor, and is renowned as a great warrior. After he dies, everyone the others meet up with in Rohan and Gondor mourn his loss because he was such a brave and mighty warrior. Yes, he tries to take the ring from Frodo, but only because he's human, not because he's especially weak.

      Delete
    3. This is so fun reading what people have added! Hamlette added some good ones. :) Yes! Yes! Yes to Edmund!! The character or the actor ;). And I totally love Sirius too. Such a great character!

      Delete
    4. Hamlette, I've decided that it's the flowed characters who show their human sides that end up being the most interesting and awesome. Sounds like Boromir definitely has that going for him. I shall look forward to meeting him hopefully, when we do our read-through of the series later this year! :)

      Jamie, well, you're convincing me I really do need to try that book. And the movie too! :D And I so agree, I love this discussion!! Thanks for coming back.

      Delete
    5. I will convert you to Boromir fanship yet ;-) I'll try, anyway. Can't wait for the read-through! I'm going to post more about it soon... probably next week.

      Delete
    6. I have no doubt you will, Hamlette! I am looking forward to it. ;)

      Delete
  4. FUN, fun! Jamie - great idea! ;)

    Okay, three cheers for Thornton and DJ, Kara - those dudes are awesome albeit for different reasons. Not sure who else I'd add to this list. Wentworth is wonderful though I love Knightly also because he challenges Emma - he makes her realize the error of her ways. Like Hamlette, I love Edmund Dantes and am also fond of the McKenna guys. There are too many others to name - Morgan Spencer, Alex (Safe Haven) and oh, yes, I really liked Becky Wade's Matt from My Stubborn Heart.

    ...okay I'll stop now - who knows who else I'd think of if I keep this up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Rissi! Such a fun idea. :)

      You're right, Knightley is so good for Emma. And the McKenna clan is wonderful! I'm not sure who Morgan Spencer is? I really, really need to watch/read Safe Haven! Mmmm, yes. Matt is awesome. A bit stubborn, but when he gives in, oh my!

      Hehe! I know, right?! I could have kept going for a while myself. But I soon would have had every book on my shelf listed and that's way too many! ;)

      Delete
    2. Sure is! Bravo Jamie for bringing up such a swoon-worthy topic! ;)

      Morgan is from the book The Breath of Dawn and Safe Haven is a lovely story. Liked both the book and film, and was impressed with the story's transfer to screen. Wishing you happy reading if/when you check the book out. Matt is quite awesome.

      LOL, yes, I probably would have most of my books on my keeper shelf listed here since they (in all likelihood) feature grand heroes.

      Delete
    3. Well! Between you and Ganise, you're both doing an excellent job of convincing me to read The Breath of Dawn a lot quicker! So thanks for that. :D And you're doing the same for Safe Haven!

      Many grand heroes lie on my bookshelves as well.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad John Thornton is number one. :D And yay, you like Captain Wentworth too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure there's any man who can top him, Alyssa. John Thornton is a very special man! ;D I love Captain Wentworth. Happy to meet someone else who likes him just as much!

      Delete
    2. I used to feel quite alone with regards to liking Persuasion. :P I'm glad I'm not anymore! :D

      Delete
    3. Nope, you surely aren't alone in that, Alyssa! Anne and Wentworth are definitely on my list of favorite couples. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that they wait 8 years for each other. Plus they're both just awesome in general! :D

      Delete
  6. Oh, Thornton and Wentworth, I love them both too. But I don't think I know the others :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thornton and Wentworth are awesome, Alex! And the others are well worth getting to know. Especially Wolf! :D

      Delete
  7. What a great list! Love the choices. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate! It was a fun list to create. Never hurts to picture my favorite leading men. ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...