this great idea last week! She listed 6 fictional men who ruined her life. ;) So guess what? I'm borrowing her idea today! Who doesn't love a good swoon over a fictional man?
These men make my reading experiences so much happier. They're lovely and awesome and really just all around great guys. They aren't perfect, but they realize it and make amends if need be. They're kind and sweet, yet have a fierce protective streak, especially when it comes to their ladies! I've spent many a night dreaming that they could leap off the page into my life and sweep me away. Alas, no such luck. But that just means I get to reread all my favorite scenes with them to my hearts content. :D
In short? I think I'll let them speak for themselves. :)
1) John Thornton - You knew he'd be mentioned, didn't you? :D I won't add any more to what I said the other day, but suffice it to say he's swoon-worthy!
2) DJ Neeley - So sweet, so nice, so adorable! He sweeps Bella off her feet from their first meeting and doesn't let her catch her breath again. He has a great family he loves to spend time with, he has a fun sense of humor, he's so obviously (and cutely!) attracted to Bella, he's simply a good man. Definitely a keeper!
3) Vidanric, The Marquise of Merindar - I admit it, I love that he falls for her first. Mel is so very determined to hate him! But he figures out a way to get around that and allow them to understand one another. He is committed and patient and knows that Mel is worth the wait. Their interactions sizzle and snap with all the attraction they're trying to deny. I love how steadfast he is!
4) Jack Dominguez - He is such an awesome friend to Maya. Always there when she needs him, supportive yet willing to say the hard stuff if she's in the wrong, he makes her think and change, plus he makes a great cup of coffee. I love, love, love that they start out as simply really great friends! He's funny and sweet and so loving to Maya. *sigh* I need to reread this series again.
5) Captain Fredrick Wentworth - I just love that he notices Anne when no one else does. Even when he's trying to deny that he still loves her, he can't help but worry and care for her. The way he looks at her when she's unaware in the adaptations! (Especially the 2008 version. *sigh*) He's so good to her. And I love how, near the end, he brightens every time she's in his vicinity and can hardly make himself look away.
6) Wolf - Every time he and Scarlet are in close proximity, oh my! He had me swooning pretty much from the beginning. I really don't have any words for him other than I loved him to pieces. I loved he and Scarlet together! I'd grin like an idiot every time they had a moment. Ms. Meyer's got her work cut out for her to create someone to top him! (But I bet she'll do it. ;)
It was hard to limit myself to only six! There are so many awesome fictional guys out there. But I had to stop somewhere. Who would you pick?