This is a weekly meme hosted by Bookishly Boisterous where we write about stuff. I happened to see this via Birdie at Lady of the Manor and thought I'd join in today.1. It's only a few weeks until Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay is released! YAY!!!! I had the privilege of reading an advanced copy and am hoping my review will be coming soon. But til then, just know that this was a wonderful and delightful and real story. You need to read it!! :)
2. I finally had the chance to watch The Book Thief last week. Oh my gracious! Such a great movie. I'd like to try reading the book now. I've read such a mix of reactions to the book though. Have any of you read it? What did you think? The movie though, I can officially state that I loved the movie! The actress who played Liesl was amazing. And the love of words and stories.........oh my heart. I think I need to go watch it again, to see what I missed the first time.
3. I love Pinterest. If any of y'all follow me there, I'm very sorry. You get almost daily bombarded with loads of pins from me. But there is so much fun stuff on there! Plus the funnies. I kid you not, I have sat in bed laughing my head off at 11pm. It's a good thing I don't have close neighbors!
4. I am beyond excited, y'all! I'm hoping to head to Nashville this next weekend for the Southern Festival of Books. My very first book festival! I'd heard and read about it for a few years now and always wanted to go. But as I lived in CA that wasn't possible. But this year, I am within driving distance, so I have been itching for October to finally get here. You can bet that I'll have many thoughts I'll probably want to share come next week. And I am SO EXCITED! (In case you were wondering. ;)
5. Did I mention I'm excited for the festival?
6. I should also mention that one big reason I want to go is that Natalie Lloyd is going to be there. Who's Natalie Lloyd, you may ask? I reviewed her awesome debut earlier this year, A Snicker of Magic. But beyond that, I've been reading her blog for several years and I just love her writing! Plus she just seems like a pretty awesome person in general. So when I heard she was going to be there, I knew I had to make every effort possible to get there!!! I shall let you know how our meeting goes. (Because yes, I already warned her via twitter that I wanted to meet her and that I may end up acting a bit....fangirlish.)
7. I've also been watching a couple other British shows recently. Doc Martin and The Musketeers. Well, I should be honest. I've only seen the first episode of The Musketeers so far, but you can bet that I'll be watching more as soon as possible! It is SO much swashbuckling fun. And Doc Martin? I never thought I'd like a show about a grumpy, small town doctor, but Martin convinced me otherwise. This show is hilarious! I may just have to write a post about all my thoughts and feelings on these shows. Have you seen either of these?
8. I got to cuddle my friend's cute baby girl this morning. She is a chunk and a half of pure sweetness! Her leg rolls, her gummy grin, her baby smell, I'm in love, y'all. :)
9. Jamie's Inklings Series is reading The Hobbit this month. I'm planning to join in, why don't you?
10. And that's all I got. Hope you're having/have had a wonderful weekend! :)