March 10, 2015

Inside :: Outside :: Upside Down


Inside:  I went book shopping this past weekend. Hadn't done that for a while. Where I specifically plan to go to several bookstores on the same day. (Usually, I just happen to drop in here and there, when I'm in the area near one.) I found a whole row of old Jane Austen books. I really wanted that one with her letters! But alas, it was far beyond my book budget (a mere $2000), so I left it there. But it was a very lovely find nonetheless. :)

Outside:  I love book covers. (As my Coverlove pinterest board will attest to!) When cover artists find the perfect combination of colors, it matches the theme of the story, if the characters are pictured and they match their descriptions, or all of the above, I just love it! And all of this is leading up to the fact that Shadow Scale comes out today! If you haven't read Seraphina yet, then definitely read it first. Then run and buy (or 1-click and buy ;) the sequel! Because I'm pretty sure you'll want to. Ms. Hartman is an incredible writer! Also I love the covers for these books. They're striking and fit the story so well.

Upside Down:  That's pretty much how I felt while attempting to beat my nephew at wii sports the other day. Good night nellie, the boy is good! And meanwhile, I wake up the next morning with sore muscles because of all the contortions I had my body going through. But I wouldn't trade those moments for anything! I have the awesomest nephew in the world.

Lately:  The weather has warmed up!! Yay!! And I am loving it. I could even go outside without a sweater today! Imagine! (Perhaps you can't, if you happen to be reading this somewhere frigid. In which case, you have my utmost sympathies.) Also I'm still in my beautiful and glorious book-reading period (Good riddance, reading slump! And don't 'cha come back no more!). So there should be more reviews coming. But mostly I'm just happy to be back in my book groove again!

Loving:  This inspiration from a fellow blogger (artist?) ( It's a pretty big word, you know. Describing so very many things and ways and people. So yeah, let's go with "fellow artist" :) These words...."So much of what we think is important is just an exercise for something else." And...."Those things you carry that light a fire in your soul, don't let them go." If you need some encouragement to do whatever creative thing you'd like to do, go read the post. Because I guarantee you'll want to begin.

Fangirling Over:  The fantastic (in my opinion) Beauty and the Beast news!!! Now I am beyond excited to see this movie. And we have to wait months and months and months and months before it'll ever be released! *wails* Oh! Also Jane and Lisbon!! Did any of you lovely people keep up with The Mentalist? Because the final season and especially the very last episode *sniff sniff* was happy dance inducing! Jane and Lisbon forever. Those two.....I just love them to bits! And they get their happy ever after, which is just awesome and amazing and makes my heart go all spindiddly. :D



10 comments:

  1. Covers - SIGH - I love 'em too. The 'don't judge a book by it's cover' motto always get's overlooked with me. :-)

    I know, right??! Dan Stevens as the beast?!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the Dan Stevens news just awesome, Naomi?! I am SO excited! :D

      And yes. I learned long ago to disregard that motto in my reading life. The cover is a huge part of determining whether I'll pick up a book or not! Glad to know I'm not alone in that.

      Delete
  2. DID SOMEONE SAY DAN STEVENS IS GOING TO PLAY THE BEAST??!!!!

    :-D

    That's just....I don't know....beast. ;-P

    Yay for pretty covers! Sometimes that's all a book's got going for it.

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Isn't that fantabulous news, Emma?! I am SO excited for this movie. :D And so true! Some books just look awesome even if they aren't inside. A rare few have awful covers but beautiful insides. Yay for when the cover AND the insides match! :)

      Delete
  3. Luke Evans is going to play Gaston. I'm kind of fuming about this because I really am starting to love Luke Evans, but I detest Gaston, and so... I'm annoyed. Phooey. Of course, Hugh Jackman played Gaston on stage once upon a time, so it's not like it'll ruin him forever in my eyes cuz I still cherish Hugh, but... why??? Why, Luke? Why do you do this to me? Grrrrrrrr.

    But I'll still go see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Hamlette. I was a bit saddened by the fact that he'll be playing a bad guy. But still! It's Luke Evans, right?! :D Cannot wait for this movie. Too bad it's still a couple years away! *wails*

      Delete
    2. I look at this as a couple years for me to resign myself to Luke Evans playing one of my least-favorite characters ever.

      Delete
    3. There you go. Way to look for the positive. Or something. :)

      Delete
  4. Cannot wait for my DVD set of The Mentalist to arrive. It promises to be such a lovely season, even if it is the last. :)

    Fun post, Kara - as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi! :) I haven't watched the entire season yet, so I'm thinking of getting the dvd set sometime soon myself. And that last episode?! Ah, my heart. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...