March 11, 2015

Isn't It Odd...

"Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar."
~ Cornelia Funke


This happens to be one such book for me. Out of many, I might add!
What book is it for you?
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Funny, because with me it's the opposite! A book seems to get thinner every time I read it - but maybe that's just because I read it faster every re-read. But I do think every reread brings forth new things I never knew before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can agree with you there, Naomi. I'm a pretty fast reader, so when I go back and reread there are usually at least a few bits that I missed the first time around. Plus that's just a really cool thing about stories. How different things stand out to us depending on the moment. I kind of wonder if it doesn't have something to do with the mood we're in or something? Maybe kinda. Either way, I like it. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this quote! Now that I think about it, there are some times were I'd be re-reading a book and I'd find it to be a wee bit slower/longer to get through than the first time. The feeling only lasts for a little while, but it's a funny feeling nonetheless, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how that works, Lianne? Maybe it depends on my mood or something, but I know that some rereads definitely go slower or faster or I notice different things that I completely missed the first time I read it, etc. I think maybe that's one reason I like to reread favorite stories, just to see what I connect with the second or third or fifteenth time! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...