November 16, 2016

30 Days of Books :: Day 11


And hello again, lovelies! Look. Look, look! I'm back with another 30 Days post! Amazing, right? ;) I am going to strive hard to get more of these posted, so that there won't be six months or longer in total time from the first post to the last. So! Here I go.

{joining Jenni}

Day 11 :: A book you hated

12993856
I admit that I had to go to my Goodreads lists to find this one, because it's been a good while since I read a story that I didn't like at all! Also it's kind of hard to say that I hated any book, although I know there have been books that I haven't enjoyed. I know writers/authors put so much time and effort into their stories, I guess what I'd rather say is that this is a book I didn't like, but someone else may!

Having said all that, Mothership is definitely a book I remember scratching my head and wondering what on earth I was reading. I didn't really like the main character, I definitely thought the romance was ridiculous, and the overall concept, while quite unique and interesting, moved just a tad too fast for my liking. There was no time for me to feel any emotions toward what was going on! Plus the romance. Seriously, I don't think I've read another lead guy who was such a "dumb-as-a-brick" type! So why Elvie liked him, I could never figure out, and I still don't think she "loved" him by the end. It all combined to make this a story that I started skimming pretty much from the beginning. It did hold enough curiosity that I wanted to finish to find out how it was going to end! So there's that, I suppose.

It simply wasn't the book for me. Have you ever had any like that?




4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one but as you probably know I read books that I end up disliking all the time. They trick me into sticking with them and then anger me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: Books can be good tricksters, that's for sure! Sometimes how they're described is nothing at all like what they actually are. Kudos that you stick with them, anger or no. I usually give up.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this one. It actually sounds like one I wouldn't like very much either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: It was just really, really odd. I wouldn't recommend it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...