March 27, 2013
Wednesday Hodgepodge With Chocolate and Buttercups
1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner? Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service? Eating too much chocolate?
Our church has a morning worship service at 7 or 7:30, so I will be there. Don't know if I'll be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed or not. But I will be there. :)
And I'm already eating my chocolate!
See? The bags are already half gone. And yes. I'm eating them all myself. Favorite chocolates ever!
2. What is something you feel too young to do?
Complain over my sore knees when I go up stairs or when I kneel down to pick something up. I'm young! My bones aren't supposed to start creaking yet!!!
3. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."
Of the characteristics mentioned in the biblical definition of love which do you find most difficult to live out and why?
The patient part. I impatiently wait on people to get in line or if already in line-then keep moving up when they're supposed to or give me an answer to my question right now or whatever I'm waiting for. One of my biggest faults is I interrupt a lot. I feel terrible as soon as I do it, but my mouth seems to think that what I have to say just can't wait. When actually it can! Patience is definitely something God is still perfecting in me.
4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
Azalea's-my mom has several bushes near the front door, so I would notice them every spring
Oh! I also looked forward to Buttercups. And of course we had to hold them underneath our chins to see if we liked butter or not. ;)
5. Ever sung karaoke? If so, what's your go-to song? If not and you're given the opportunity, would you?
No I haven't. And.......maybe?? You'd have to convince me pretty well to attempt it. The last time I voluntarily sang a solo in front of other people was high school. One of my history teachers gave out extra credit to anyone willing to sing the National Anthem. Extra credit is a great incentive let me tell you! ;D
6. What is something you keep in a basket?
Well, I looked around my house and I couldn't find a single basket anywhere. :/
7. When was the last time you felt foolish?
Sometime in January I left my car headlights on. Needless to say, the battery went dead. This wouldn't sound too bad, except I had just done the same thing in December and told myself I would remember next time! Yeah, so much for that idea.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
One of the next books I plan to read reminded me of this 80s movie with David Bowie.
Have you seen it? Did you like it? I watched it for the first time a few years ago and loved it immediately! Yes, it's very dated. But so much fun! I've always enjoyed fantasy stories and this one is crazy and silly and awesome! At least that's my opinion of it. I know it wasn't all that popular when it first came out. But somehow it's endured and I'm so glad I have the chance to watch it anytime I want. Since my first viewing, I've watched it countless times. And I'm sure many more are in my future. :)