September 8, 2014

20 Things You Might Not Know About Me

via
The lovely Renee (Black 'n Gold Girl's Book Spot) tagged me for this fun post a couple weeks ago and then only a day or so later, the delightful Ganise (Reves Bleus) tagged me as well! As I've been out of town recently, as well as life kinda got busy in general, it's taken me a little to get around to writing this. But what fun! I know how y'all adore my chatty posts, right?

...........right?? Ah well. You're getting one anyway. ;)

Onward!

How tall are you?

5'7"ish........I think? I haven't measured myself since high school, okay? But I'm pretty certain that I haven't grown any since then.

Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?

Ah.......it must have hidden really well......

What’s your biggest blog-related pet peeve?

I'm not too fond of word verification actually. It's mostly annoying and sometimes I have to refresh it several times before it'll give me a picture I can read. Maybe it's just my computer? Anyway. I'm always happier when I don't have to worry about it while commenting.

What’s your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?

Unhappy people taking out their unhappiness on everyone else

What’s your favorite song?

Did you mean my favorite song today? Because my favorite song seems to constantly be changing. But currently, I've been listening to The Little Drummer Boy by Pentatonix on repeat over and over and over and over. Yes! I do realize it's not Christmas yet. I'm listening to it anyway. (They're amazing by the way! You should check them out.)

What’s your favorite Etsy shop that isn’t yours?

I've actually only ever bought a couple things on Etsy. One of which is my Persuasion book scarf, which I love! So I'm going to go with Storiarts shop.

What’s your favorite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?

Reading of course! Or watching a favorite movie. Sometimes writing is included in this as well. (Clearly I cannot pick just one favorite. ;)

What’s your favorite junk food?

Chips! And chocolate! But chips mostly. I pretty much have to physically turn my head away from the chip aisle at the grocery store, else I'll be guaranteed to find a bag (or three!) to take home with me.

Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?

I do not currently have a real pet. But if I did, it would be a dog. I love dogs! I miss my old roommate's dog that I left in California. I fell in love with Cody and hated to say goodbye. *sniff sniff*

What are your number one favorite nonfiction and fiction books?

I really can't say that it's my favoritest ever, but it's certainly really high on the list: Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster (fiction)

As for nonfiction, I don't read a great deal of that, so.......I really don't know.

What’s your favorite beauty product?

A washcloth! I so appreciate washing my face and feeling all clean and refreshed. (Makes for a great way to wake up in the morning! ;)

When were you last embarrassed? What happened?

Ahaha! Perhaps a better question is, when was I last not embarrassed. I seem to put my foot in my mouth a great deal. And being of the fair skin tribe, my face tends to glow whenever I get embarrassed. (Actually it'll glow even when I'm not embarrassed, frustratingly enough.) I can glow by just thinking about it, so how about we move on to the next question?

If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Tea! Definitely tea.

What’s your favorite movie?

North and South with Richard Armitage and Daniela Denby-Ashe. I have watched this a multitude of times and fall in love with it again every single time. (This answer should not surprise any of my regular readers, right? I mean, I know I only seem able to talk about this miniseries every other post or so....)

What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?

If that's our only choices, I suppose I'll go with loner. Although I did have friends, just not scores of them. I was more the quiet kid actually. On the outskirts of most things, yet not an outcast. Just kind of observing, perhaps?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

I think I'll go with England or Australia. Or Ireland! That way I'm guaranteed to understand the language. But I can't say for certain whether I'd actually want to live there as I've never visited them. I do dream of doing that, however! :)

PC or Mac?

PC

Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?

Ha! Next question please.

Favorite celebrity?

I don't know? I don't keep up with anyone obsessively. But I do tend to perk up a little when Richard Armitage's name is mentioned, so maybe I'll go with him. ;)

Or I know! Ashley Clements from The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. She just seems so nice.

What blogger do you secretly want be best friends with?

Rissi and Amber! Both of these ladies are awesome. Plus they just seem like the type of gals that I could hang out with and always have a great time no matter what we were doing. And they're always up for a fun twitter convo or two! (As well as never seem to mind my chattiness whether on twitter, blog comments, or anywhere else. Thanks girls!)


And that's all she wrote, folks! Want to join in the fun? I'm supposed to nominate at least two other bloggers, soooooo.........I'll go with Hamlette and Eva! :)

But truly, anyone is welcome to join in. It's fun! Here's the rules and regulations:
1. Copy and paste the questions below and then answer and turn them into a blog post. Or, record a video answering these questions and upload it to your blog post.

2. At the bottom of your post, tag anywhere from 2-10 bloggers you want to see answer these questions. (I also suggest hitting up your tagged people via social media just to let them know you tagged them to do this tag challenge.)

3. Use the title: 20 Things You Might Not Know About Me Blog Tag. Once you’ve hit publish, leave a comment below with the link to your post.

4. Use the hashtag #20ThingsBlogTag when sharing on social media so we can all find your awesome posts!

Question 1: How tall are you?
Question 2: Do you have a hidden talent? If so, what?
Question 3: What’s your biggest blog-related pet peeve?
Question 4: What’s your biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
Question 5: What’s your favorite song?
Question 6: What’s your favorite Etsy shop that isn’t yours?
Question 7: What’s your favorite way to spend your free time when you’re alone?
Question 8: What’s your favorite junk food?
Question 9: Do you have a pet or pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?
Question 10: What are your number one favorite nonfiction and fiction books?
Question 11: What’s your favorite beauty product?
Question 12: When were you last embarrassed? What happened?
Question 13: If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Question 14: What’s your favorite movie?
Question 15: What were you in high school: prom queen, nerd, cheerleader, jock, valedictorian, band geek, loner, artist, prep?
Question 16: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
Question 17: PC or Mac?
Question 18: Last romantic gesture from a crush, date, boy/girlfriend, spouse?
Question 19: Favorite celebrity?
Question 20: What blogger do you secretly want be best friends with?


10 comments:

  1. Ditto on word verification. I can get it to work fine, it's just a hassle.

    North & South, that IS a beauty. Why haven't I watched it lately?? I did finish the oldie Pride & Prejudice and of course, it was cute.

    YES! YES! YES! Why didn't I think of the Pemberley Digital/Austen actors? They'd be way fun to meet - plus, I'd just like to know what they had to say about playing iconic roles. :)

    Thanks for the kind words, Kara. Shout-out and same thoughts back at you about being friends. I feel the same - I think we'd have tons of fun. It's be a pleasure to get to know you - and while I don't remember how we "met," I'm glad we did. I'm up for chats on the blogs, Twitter or wherever anytime. We do have fun, don't we!? :)

    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't the 1940 P&P adorable? It just never fails to make me laugh. So quirky and ridiculous and fun! :)

      So agree with you, Rissi! I'd love to meet them all in person. To ask questions and simply to hang out. They all seem so nice.

      I'm so glad you "met" as well, my friend. My TBR pile has grown, my movie/tv show watching has become even more fun now that I have someone to talk about it with, and I discovered the delights of twitter and many other blogging friends, all thanks to you! I'm grateful. :)

      *hugs back*

      Delete
  2. Yay! So glad you joined in! Loved reading more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! I really enjoyed yours as well. It's always fun to find out the little things about our blogging friends, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  3. I have a hidden talent for you : you're funny :). Like really funny. I hope you realize that. Your posts are so lively and convey great vigour. So fun, Kara. Thanks a lot for the mention - you are also delightful, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Ganise! It's nice to know I can make you smile. I often wonder if anyone minds my silliness sometimes.... :)

      YOU are the delight, my friend! You have a great gift of encouragement with which you have blessed me so many times. I'm so grateful we "met"!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the tag! I posted my response here.

    Word verification is annoying -- I've discovered with Blogger that if I have my comments set to not accept anonymous comments, I don't need word verification to keep out spammers. So that's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you joined in, Hamlette! I loved your responses! :)

      Yeah, I did the same thing. I was getting way too many spammers and it was so annoying! You'd think they would have something more productive to do with their time.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...