October 2, 2016

The 'One Lovely Blog Award'


The delightful Alyssa, from Lyz on Top of the World, tagged me with this award. Thank you, my dear! :)

It's pretty simple and straightforward:
  • Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
  • List the rules
  • Share 7 interesting things about yourself
  • Nominate at least 10 blogs of your choice (up to 15) for the award
  • Link to your nominees and let them know of their nomination, usually by commenting on one of their posts

7 {hopefully} Interesting Things About Me...

1. I lived in California for 12 1/2 years, so most of my adult life (so far). I've learned that most of my opinions on life and who I am were formed in my 20s and early 30s, not my teenage years. Which means that California, and my friends there, had a huge impact on my life.

2. My first airplane ride (that I remember, I flew to California when I was 2) was to Ohio, with my mom and one of my brothers. We were visiting my maternal grandparents and there weren't very many people on our flight, so my brother and I each had three seats to ourselves. (This spoiled me for later flights which were always packed with people. I'd imagined always having that much extra room when flying!)

3. The very first author I ever had any sort of contact with was Ann M. Martin. (Yay for The Babysitters Club!) I wrote her a fan letter in 4th or 5th grade and got a reply back! Needless to say, I was thrilled beyond imagining. :D

4. One of my favorite memories is of my mother and I sneaking huge bags full of books (no, that is not an exaggeration, I'm sure we each had at least 15 or 20 books from the used bookstore each time) in the house so dad wouldn't see them. He probably figured it out because I doubt we were as sneaky as we thought, but I laugh when I remember those moments. :)

5. I have been a closet Korean drama watcher for several years! I was a bit wary of telling anyone because I figured y'all would think I was nuts (you probably do anyway), but here I am announcing it to the world. (Suey will be so proud! :) I don't know what it is about them, but they're terribly addicting.

6. I have never traveled outside of the US, unless you count going over the border into Mexico for two hours (which I don't). But I have dreams of visiting other countries someday!

7. My newest favorite dessert is mochi ice cream, preferably green tea flavor. Mmmmm....

My 10 Nominees {okay, it's only 7}:

The Edge of the Precipice
Jenni Elyse
Alternate Readality
Kami's Library Thoughts
Finding Wonderland
Seasons of Humility
It's All About Books
And anyone else that feels like joining in!




8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination. :) I kind of do count that as going outside of the US because I haven't even done that, lol. But, I totally get why you don't count it. And, I want to travel to other countries as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenni: You're welcome! And I know, it does sort of count, doesn't it? But it was barely any time at all and we didn't really do much beyond a little shopping, so...yeah. :) I hope I can travel outside the US some day! There are so many places I would love to visit.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination. I'll have to think of 7 exciting things about myself now. That's so cool that Ann M Martin wrote you back! I loved the Babysitter Club books as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny: You're welcome! I realized that I never did go tell you guys that I'd tagged you, so I'm glad you saw it. (Oops.) I know! I remember being all nervous that I'd never hear anything in return, so when the envelope came in the mail I think I must have happy danced for the next week or more! The Babysitters Club books were some of my very favorite stories back then. :)

      Delete
  3. Fun facts! I didn't know you lived in Cali. That memory of your mom and you sneaking books in the house made me laugh. I think Gnome and I will be like that. Mochi Ice Cream is the best!! Thanks for nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami: I did! I miss CA still, I think it might always have a piece of my heart. Yes! There is nothing better than sharing a love of stories with your mom! I can totally picture you and Gnome being sneaky together. :D And you're welcome. I realized that I never did go tell you guys that I'd tagged you, so I'm glad you saw it. Oops.

      Delete
  4. Hey you tagged me!!! I had no idea! :) and YES I'm so proud of you. SHOUT IT OUT! OWN IT!!! I LOVE KDRAMAS!!! :) And here's hoping you get to travel someday because it's really the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suey: I did! And I failed to let you know, so that's my bad. I'm sorry. :/ I knew you'd love that bit! Kdramas for the win!!!! :D And I am always so envious every time I see your family's travels via instagram. I hope I can one day too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...