June 5, 2019

Currently...


Hello, my lovelies! Why yes, it has been ages, hasn't it? To the maybe three people who are still reading this little blog of mine, it's good to "see" you! ;) I let my posting go VERY sporadic in recent months due to being overseas and all my available time being spent studying. I had high hopes that I'd be able to keep up the blogging thing to a certain degree, but alas... I barely kept up with my reading while I was over there! But I am home in America now and it has been DELIGHTFUL to see all my beloved stories again, sitting on their shelves looking all pretty and pleasing.

The last month and a half has been a mix of trying to come to grips with being back in my own culture again after 8 months (I know!), find a new job (which I did, yay!), and reading all the books I can get my hands on. It's been crazy, chaotic, and loads of fun.

Anyhoo! I thought I'd just do a general check in with y'all and let you know what all the latest is. So! On the fun stuff...

Listening to: This particular song has been on repeat loads of times when I've had homework to do or papers to write for classes. Even back home, it's still a fave. It's incredibly soothing while I'm doing something that requires my brain, yet also requires some noise in the background to help keep me focused.

Reading: Over this past weekend, I read 5 books. No, that is not an exaggeration. I pretty much didn't have any other plans, so I stayed in the entire weekend and read. #bliss Next up for me is The Number of Love by Roseanna M. White, which I have for review...

Enjoying: My chocolate stash! Friends gave me a sweet welcome home party a few weeks ago and when they asked me to make a list of what I wanted and what I'd missed while I was gone...you know my fave Lindor milk chocolate truffles was at the top! I've been trying to ration them out so they last a long time, but it's actually really hard. (go figure)

Watching: I recently rewatched Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and man, did I ever miss that movie. I did very little movie watching while I was gone and this one was a delight to see again.

Feeling: Happy. I've had lots of reconnecting with friends since I've been home. As well as have a new job, which is a huge answer to prayer! There have been hard moments and times when dear friends have had struggles that have reminded me that this life is not all puppies and rainbows all the time. But ultimately, I'm a pretty happy lady right this second...

Craving: Flavor in my food! I was in Thailand the most during my overseas time and let me just say that the Thai people LOVE their spice. I have now realized just how much I adjusted to that because there have been multiple times since being home where I feel desperate for some extra spice in my foodie life. And I never, ever imagined such a thing happening, I've always been a wimp when it came to spicy food... Craziness, I tell you. :D

Loving: Seeing old friends and reconnecting. Friends are life, people. And don't you forget it.

Anticipating: More books. More music. More life. Whatever that looks like in the coming days.

Eating: Guacamole. I personally made a batch the other night and it is...delish...mmmmm.... :D

Missing: Life in Thailand. It's wonderful to be home, but there's so much I miss about my life there. Khao soi (deliciousness), the ease of getting around on public transportation, riding motorbikes, the coffee shops (they were everywhere), and most especially my dearest friends who I may not see again for a long, long time, if ever. THAT'S one of the hard parts about life overseas...the friends you make when your homes are so far apart....


Yet even with the missing, I'm still thankful for the experience and happy to be home again. So! How about you? Life still trotting along swimmingly for you as well?? :)




1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I'm hoping you tell us about some of your adventures in Thailand!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...