December 23, 2012

Have A Merry Merry Christmas!



{Warning: Talk of trips and Christmas and babies ahead, so lots of exclaiming (and parentheses!) and nonsensical blathering is pretty much guaranteed. You've been warned. Read at your own risk!}

Christmas is almost here! And that means I'm off to VA on Monday. So tomorrow will be filled with packing and heading up to the airport. Monday morning bright and early (entirely too early!) I should be winging my way through the air to spend Christmas with my family.



I admit one of the things I'm looking forward to is getting to sleep in on Christmas morning. One of my brothers has to travel from out of state also, so we're not doing our family Christmas until Friday. Therefore on Christmas day, mom and dad and I are planning to take it easy. I'm really hoping to sleep in because after a day of traveling over two time zones, sleep will be wonderful! (Plus I just really like not having to get out of bed. Especially on vacation!)  :)

Another thing I'm really looking forward to (besides seeing my nieces and nephews of course), is meeting a new little one who will only be two weeks old! A very dear friend had a new baby just last week, so I can't wait to meet him. New babies are so precious and wonderful! There are also a few other friends and their children I'm hoping to catch up with. Not to forget the aforementioned nieces and nephews who are wonderful and fun and all things awesome!


After getting caught up with all my friends and their babies, Friday is our family Christmas. Then Saturday is a big family Christmas with my cousins and aunts and uncles. I haven't been to this family gathering in a few years, so I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again. :) And then I'm flying back home again the following Monday. A few plans but not too many, yet I know this trip will absolutely fly by! No matter how long I plan a trip, they always go really, really quickly. Does anyone else have this problem? :)

If you've been faithfully keeping up with my month of photo-a-day challenges, I hope you've been enjoying it. I really want to complete the entire month, but I'm not too sure I'll remember every day that I'm gone. Plus my parents don't have internet access. (I know! Hard to believe, right? But my dad can't even check his voice mail on his cell phone (don't even bother to text him) and can barely figure out how to turn the computer on much less actually do anything on there, so imagine trying to explain the world wide web to him!) (I've tried explaining Facebook, and he just looks at me all confused until I give up.) Needless to say, I'm not certain whether any posting will get done while I'm there, but if I remember and I'm able to, I'll check in and post at least a picture or two.

Source: redbubble.com via Kara on Pinterest


I think one of my new year's resolutions is going to be blogging more faithfully. And getting more reading done and posting more reviews! :D I'm planning to get some books read on the airplane, so when I return there should definitely be a good start to my resolution. I hope. Do you have any new year's resolutions for 2013?

Anyway, I sincerely hope you have a very, very, very Merry Christmas! Thanks for joining me in this craziness I like to call my brain. :D Until next time......

Toodle-loo kangaroos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...