December 16, 2012

Something You Made


I spent the afternoon making cookies! Don't they look yummy? A glorious crumb mixture with caramel and chocolate in the middle. Mmmmmmm, they are my favorite cookies ever. :D In case anyone is interested, I decided to be generous and share the recipe. So here you are:

Carmelita's

1 1/2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 1/2 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Oatmeal
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cups Melted Butter
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 container Caramel Apple Dip
1 bag Chocolate Chips

Mix dry ingredients. Then pour in butter. Mix together, this will make crumbs. Pat most (approximately 1/2 to 3/4) of the crumb mixture in a 9 X 13 pan (leave the rest of the crumbs for later). Do not grease the pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes.
Let pan cool completely then spread as much caramel on top as you want*. Add as many chocolate chips as you want**. Then sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture on top. Bake at 325 degrees for 12 minutes.
Serve and enjoy! :)

*-The original recipe called for the entire container of caramel dip to be used, but that was too much caramel for me. It made the cookies really sticky and hard to eat. So I just spread an amount that looks good on top.
**-The original recipe called for only 1 cup of chocolate chips, but that wasn't enough for me, so I add almost the whole bagful. You can judge for yourself based on how much you like chocolate. :)

PS-Every time I take these into work, they disappear by lunchtime. Everybody's always asking when I'll make more. So they should all be happy tomorrow when I bring them in. :)

December Photo A Day Challenge: Everyday people all around the world look at the list, and take a photo according to the date. So on the 1st of December we’ll take a photo at 8 o’clock {am or pm, doesn’t matter}. So whatever you’re doing when the clock strikes 8 – take a photo. And then share it. Then upload it to Facebook {your own page, or my Facebook page}, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, your blog, Tumblr – where ever you please. If you’re sharing to Instagram or Twitter – use the hashtag #FMSphotoaday.

Toodle-loo kangaroos! Happy baking. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice recipe! I'll try it sometime!! I'm itching to bake something :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy and really, really, really scrumptious! I made my co-workers very happy this morning! :) (Made myself happy too, for that matter.)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the internet! :)

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...